Embers | Chapter XIII

Valhalla was currently in London on his way back to Portsmouth having concluded his search for anything related to modern technology he could find. Recently Valhalla found out that the technology of this world is similar to his own. They have smartphones and such yet it's only just after WWII. It was interesting to say the least for him. However as soon as he had finished thinking about the technology, he saw a strange looking rock that was black in the grass next to him, barely even able to be seen due to it being buried in the ground a fair bit. Out of curiosity, and against his intuition, Valhalla went to grab the rock.

As soon as he touched the rock, time came to a stand still. The streets of outer London slowly changed into a battlefield filled with Siren ships. He knew that these were Siren ships thanks to his new friends.

When Valhalla looked down, he wasn't Valhalla, he was Lawrence once again.

Suddenly, visions appeared in front of Valhalla depicting his feats in life.

When he halted 5/8th of the Castilian army in the city of Tarragona with a hastily formed volunteer unit with only 700 men, preventing the Spanish from capturing Barcelona, and halting the Castilian Massacre during the Spanish Fragmentation War, when the Castilian hyper-nationalist government ordered the execution of people outside of the state of Castile so that there wouldn't be any separatist movements, ultimately leading to the fragmentation war.

When he relieved a besieged Ljubljana and, shortly after, Zagreb during the Balkan Fragmentation War in the Balkan People's State when the new leader after Tito had died turned out to be a radical Serbian nationalist.

When he offered his assistance to fight against the American far-right rioters.

When his coalition unit was nearly encircled in Afghanistan and he told the coalition force to retreat while he held the Afghan's back.

When he was knighted by the Scandinavian crown.

When he disarmed the assassin before he could kill Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.

When he became an ace in a day during

When he earned his most famous nickname, the "Icelandic Leopard".

When he realized he was in love with Freya.

Freya...his dear Freya...

No, he couldn't think like this right now, he was in unknown territory, he had no clue where he was or when he got there.

???: So it's you whom I've been made aware of.

Valhalla immediately spun around on instinct and raised the AN-94 that was in his grasp. The figure he came face to face to was just...black, as if a shadow. Valhalla was very unnerved at the moment.

Valhalla: Have we met?

Conflagration: No, but the name is Conflagration.

A figure of whom's face was mostly shrouded in constant darkness came to what was the endless abyss that was the shadow figure before. It was clearly a Siren of sorts. However, something made Conflagration look more like a KANSEN than a Siren

Valhalla: What do you want, siren?

Conflagration: *chuckle* I wouldn't say that necessarily. Rather a failed project that was made initially to mimic the opposite of the Azur Lane ships, the side that they didn't want to be on, it was called META

Valhalla: So you're not on the side of the sirens but you are a siren?

Conflagration: Perhaps. That's for you to find out.

Something was very, very off putting to Valhalla. Why was he revealing all of this? Is it in actuality a siren trying to fuck with his head?

Conflagration: Although, I did bring you here for a reason. That cube you touched, was a cube made to be a META ship. The cubes that were meant to be META are highly unstable and highly unpredictable from what I've seen with humans touching them. I don't know what will happen to you.

Valhalla: So I might be dead right now?

Conflagration: Possibly, yes. However, I must return to the furnace.

As soon as Conflagration's sentence was finished, Valhalla returned back to reality...to Vestal and Kamerun attempting to get his attention.

Valhalla: Hmm? Oh, Vestal, Kam, what is it?

Vestal: WHAT IS IT?! I'LL TELL YOU WHAT IT IS, YOU JUST WALKED INTO THE PORT LOOKING DEVOID OF LIFE! ALMOST LIKE YOU WERE POSSESSED!

Valhalla: I'm fine, I was just deep in thought.

Kamerun: Are you sure about that?!

Valhalla: I'm positive.

Vestal and Kamerun looked at eachother and then back to Valhalla, and they just simply sighed. Valhalla got the message and he went on his way. That way being to the Ironblood sector, and more specifically, Bismarck's office.

*Timeskip*

Valhalla had called a meeting with the faction leaders to discuss his find. Apparently Akagi had used one in the Pacific to try and remake Amagi. The faction leaders were about to leave when Valhalla finally mentioned that he found it on land.

Lexington: Where at, exactly?

Valhalla: I don't remember exactly, I think I was just exiting the Greater London area. Why are you asking?

Everyone was just silent for a moment.

Valhalla: I feel like somethings wrong.

Hood: Because something is.

Valhalla: So, what's wrong then?

Hood: There should be no reason for a black wisdom cube to be in or around London. We only find them on the beaches from time to time but we quickly dispose of them.

Valhalla understood the implications, the Sirens were scouting inland.

(A/N: Sorry for a short chapter, I just felt like I needed to address META finally.)