Chapter 28: Saying Goodbye.

You stood there, frozen in shock. You didn't know what to do.

"You might want to stay back." A voice said behind you. You turned to see that it was one of Al's shadows.

He held onto your arm and softly pulled you back. You didn't resist, but worry filled you when it had done this. You knew what was going to happen.

But you needed to stop this.

"Now that's enough!" You shouted. Both Vox and Al turned to you. Al was a bit surprised, but Vox seemed unfazed.

"I don't want to see any one of you hurt! So please, don't fight!" You begged.

You knew that Al understood. You both looked at Vox. He chuckled before making a psychotic grin appear on his face. He looked crazy.

"Sorry, I am afraid that won't happen! We both want you, so this is the only way I can get you if he is winning! I will have you soon! So just wait." He said as he turned back to Al.

You caught sight of the look in his eye. You didn't know what it was. But whatever it was, it wasn't Vox. It was something sinister, and you could see it through his eyes. You could feel it.

The shadow pulled you back a bit further, but this time, you were a little resistant. You didn't want Al to get hurt. You cared for Vox's health too, but Al mattered to you more.

It was too late to stop them now.

Vox lunged towards Al within a second and began to throw punches filled with electricity. Al did good with dodging them in the beginning, but adrenaline spiked in Vox, and he began to move faster.

He threw a large punch at Al, which sent him flying towards the end of the city. Vox quickly teleported to him, leaving you alone with the shadow.

Fear raised in your body. You wanted to go and make sure Al was alright. You wanted to end this.

You looked back to the shadow, and you wanted to tell them what you wanted to do. But they saw the look in your eyes and understood.

"I can try to track them and lead you there, but my order is to protect you. So you have to keep your distance." It said with a reassuring look.

"I want this to end! Isn't there something we can do?" You said, unable to hide the fear lacing your voice.

"I... I don't think that there will be an end anytime soon. At least... not the one you want." It said with a slightly worried tone.

A chill ran down your spine, and your adrenaline kicked in.

You began to run in the direction that they went to with high speed. You wished that you could teleport to where they were, but you didnt know where they went.

After a minute of running, the shadow caught up to you and was flying next to you, appearing on the walls of the buildings you were passing with every second.

"Wow, you're fast! Must be the wolf demon side of you. Do you even know where you're going?" It asked, worry still lacing its voice.

"No. But I don't care. All that matters now is that I have to end this. I don't care if I get hurt or if I don't know where I'm going. I will find him and end this nonsense." You said, tears beginning to form in your eyes.

The shadow sighed.

"He's gonna kill me if you get hurt, you know that, right? But, I will lead you to them. Just do your best not to get hurt." It said. You nodded with a small smile.

The tears that began to form quickly faded. You began to follow the shadow with prisision. You hoped that you could make it across hell in time before anything bad happened.