Chapter Eighteen. To Their Leader!

Year E3029

Year E3029

Ocea

"Hold on," my mom said, prompting me to peek back at the Men Of Suits. Through the bushes, the scene of humans and safforians lined up as they scanned their foreheads. Others arranged their lives, believing they had the right to control them.

"Blue," the lady in the lab coat said after scanning the next one in line. "No movement besides the parts the chip is controlling."

The man next to her hummed in approval. "Assign him for the Men Of Suits program," he said, guiding the man to an unfamiliar area than the others.

A hand gripped my forearm, prompting me to look over at Wyatt. "Umm, let's keep going before they spot us," he said, pulling on my arm.

"Yes," my mom replied. "Do you know how much further?" she asked while Fin jumped a tall fence.

I looked up at the fence towering over me. It was too tall for my reach while I glanced at Fin through the slits in the rockwood panels. He motioned for me to move quickly with an attitude on his face.

Wyatt turned to my mom, intertwining his fingers together. He leaned his back against the barrier. "Here," he said to me while crouching down. "Foot on hands, and I'll leverage you over the fence."

I placed my foot on his hands, grabbing his shoulders. He lifted me while I gripped the top of the fence.

"We are about less than a mile away. You know where the cyprine shop is?" Wyatt responded to my mom, out of breath from my weight.

I pulled on the fence, barely lifting myself. I wrapped my arm around, hooking my armpit as I looked down at Wyatt.

"Yes. Didn't some teenager try to burn it down?" I said, as a hand touched my elbow.

I looked over to see the green-haired boy from earlier. He was part of the Saviors, but his welcome was not as friendly. The group that let Thomas walk off into emptiness. I knew I was just as much at fault for allowing Thomas to leave, but they knew what was happening. They could have helped. Right?

"Yes, I am that teenage kid that burned it down. I am Stopper," he said with a smile. "You can call me Stop, but most friends call me Stud."

"Nobody calls you that," Wyatt said with a whine from holding me up.

Stopper straddled the fence with his arms out. I reached while he helped me the rest of the way. I sat on the top with him eyeing me for too long.

"Hey." He pointed at me. "You are that girl from earlier. The one that ran off on that beetle."

I jumped, trying to get away from him. "Yeah, I didn't run far enough."