CHAPTER 4

My alarm rings and I almost fall of the bed. I hadn't realized that I was sleeping on the edge of the bed. I hit the snooze but and doze off for what seems like half an hour until my mom comes into my room and starts off with her lectures. With only half an hour left for school, I take a shower and grab an apple and head out to my car. I sit on the drivers seat and start the car, slowly driving with one hand while I eat my apple with the other.

I finally reach school and as I park my car, I see Austin in the rear view mirror. He is walking towards my car, a pleasant smile on his face. I park my car and as soon as I get out he comes behind me.

"Hey!" He says.

"Hi!"

"Nice car"

"Thanks."

"So.. Wanna walk with me to class?"

"Uhh.. Sure!"
________________________________________
               AUSTIN's POV

" So which class do you have right now?" I ask Hazel as we walk.
"Calculus", she says, looking unhappy.
" You don't like it?" I ask with a smile.
"Well.... I'm not a fan", she says and we both laugh.
"There's my class", Hazel says.
"K.. Bye! See you later" I say and she waves as she enters her class.

There is something about that girl. I get the vibe that she is hiding something. Well, what can I say when I'm the one hiding as well.

How am I supposed to tell her that she looks exactly like my girlfriend who I lost to cancer?

These thoughts keep poking me in my trail of finding my class and fade just as I enter.
________________________________________
HAZEL's POV
"Ahh finally.." I think to myself as soon as it's lunch.
I head down to the cafeteria and am not surprised when I see Austin, eating his lunch on an empty table.
I stand in line when he looks at me and smiles.
I smile back and start grabbing some cheese poppers.
After taking my food, I head down to the table.
"Hey", I say.
"Yo!" He says with a mouthful of salad.
I giggle a bit and he gives a goofy smile.
"So how's the day going so far?" I ask him.
"Good actually, how's yours?" He says.
"Mehhh the same as everyday" I reply.
"Hey, I..uh...I wanted to ask you something..if you don't mind." He says in a somewhat serious tone. I've never seen him being serious. We don't even have any classes together so I don't know if he is ever serious.
"Umm..Yeah, okay sure."  I reply, a bit awkwardly.