-Ever Pt. 2 | Playground For Those Running From The Sun || ShinSoukoku Angst-

Word Count: 2241

Atsushi woke up and put on clothes before walking out to the balcony. He saw someone below staring at him. He got chills up his back, they wore a black mask and jacket. He looked around and he saw other people, all dressed the same, all staring up at him. He made out a knife in one of their hands before they all went to the entrance of the hotel he was in. Atsushi ran to Akutagawa.

"Aku! Wake up! he shook him awake.

"What is it Jinko?" he asked.

"People are looking for us. They're armed"

"How many"

"We have a gun with only one round. It's at least six men. What do we do?" Akutagawa tossed him a bag.

"Use the balcony ladder and run to the entrance if no one's there" Atsushi rushed to put on clothes. "I'll use the second elevator, just hurry" Atsushi nodded taking the bag quickly, tossing it over his shoulder, and starting the descent down the ladder, they were three stories up.

Akutagawa took a bag they kept full of notes and letters from the 'PUAF' camp. If they were going to ransack the room they'd find the notes. It didn't matter what they did with them as long as the police never saw the notes. They contained both Atsushi's and Akutagawa's thoughts on the camp, on each other, on their 'intimate relationships', and about how many people each of them had killed.

Akutagawa heard the elevator and he shoved the notes into the closet and climbed out the window, shut it, and got onto the rails just in time to see the door being lock picked and broken down. He climbed down the remaining ladder out of sight from the window sill. He ran to Atsushi.

"They just came out." He said. "They're camp 'PUAF' members"

"Let's head the other way. Hurry" Akutagawa rushed them into the forest behind the apartments. They found a dip in the terrain they could watch the men disperse from and they went further and further into the brush.

"We need to find a way to get further from here" Atsushi checked the bag.

"We have nine thousand yen. We could get a taxi into the next town" Akutagawa said "Yet again we don't know our status' and if anyone's looking for us"

"It's worth a shot" Atsushi replied. Akutagawa nodded.

"Come on, hurry" They scurried through the brush picking up rocks and twigs as they hurried for the road in their eyeshot. Akutagawa jumped to his feet, grabbed Atsushi's hand and they started running towards the road opposite the way they came. One of the men who had been stationed outside had spotted them and he called up to the others in the room and a few came rushing after them. 

"Give me the revolver!" Atsushi fumbled about with it as they continued to run through the trees, getting swatted with branches in their faces but continuing. He tossed it at Akutagawa, looked back at the three, aimed at the man closest to them, and fired directing it at his lungs. It punctured through and out the back and the man fell over. Atsushi threw both of his hands in the air in celebration.

Akutagawa put the revolver back in his pocket and they continued running, ducking under branches and ran across the road without looking. The men didn't follow, that was proof they were Camp 'PUAF' members, they wouldn't allow their crimes to reach daylight, and they wouldn't allow their crimes to meet daylight either. 

"What should we do?" Atsushi asked. 

"We have nine thousand yen, we could walk to the train station and get onto a train to the furthest place possible?"

"Ok, let's go"

"There should be a clothing store near there, hopefully, we'll try to spend as small as possible if we want to be safe. And once we get there, we need a place where we can hide from the sun"