Chapter 31

Sorry for the long-ish wait for updates!

Week Later 

Tom's POV

We had been searching for the Shadows. We, unfortunately, haven't found much. But, recently we have been looking at an old castle that might be the base. I am certain that it is the base, but Tucker isn't convinced.

"I still say we should ask the gods." Tucker said, crossing his arms like a kid.

"Look I already told you, they haven't been around." I said, pointing out the obvious. Tucker sighed and gave up.

"Fine, we'll go there." He said. I nodded and we prepared to set off. I was almost ready, I had decided to bring Iris's dagger, in case she could fight.

At The Castle

3rd Person's POV

The shadow prince gripped Ezmia's arm. He was trying to force her to see for him.

"What do you see?" He asked, impatience evident in his voice. Ezmia, forced to speak answered,

"Six people, riding dragons, who are coming this way." She said, her eyes glowing light purple. The shadow prince was satisfied with this answer and pushed her away. She fell the ground and at that time there was a roar.

"Bring the other girl. Be rough." The prince ordered, the guards seemed hesitant but did it. A moment later the guards came back into the throne room, holding a struggling Iris.

The prince grabbed her from the guards and held her close. A second later a girl with long black and brown hair came in, she was wearing a fighter outfit.

"My prince." She said going into a bow. "They have arrived."

"Thank you huntress." The prince said.

Right then, there was a bang and the giant castle doors burst open. Iris looked around and saw her friends and a girl she had never seen before. The shadow prince sneered then forcefully pulled Iris in. He slammed his lips against hers. Tom saw this and raged, he attacked the prince, sending him slamming into the wall.

"Tom!" Iris said, the huntress had come at her. Tom passed her the dagger and she fought the huntress.

Iris was an amazing fighter, and it seemed that she had finally meet her match. The huntress's sword was longer, but Iris was skilled. The others took out guards and the huntress and Iris fought.

Focus On Iris's battle

Iris parried attacks as she and the huntress fought. They climbed up a slightly crumbling set of stairs. Iris told Tom to get Ezmia out of here and he did. By then, she and the huntress were fighting on the roof.

Then it happened.

The roof started to crumble beneath them, it sent the huntress down into the rubble. Iris stood and caught her breath then...

Tom's POV

I watched awestruck as Iris and the huntress fought on the crumbling roof. The huntress ended up falling to her death, leaving Iris alone on the roof. She stopped to catch her breath when she fell. I saw it, as if it was in slow motion.

I ran back into the castle and started searching for Iris. I saw her under a part of the roof. I heaved the piece off and picked up her limp body.

I carried her back, looking for a sign of breathing, a heartbeat, anything. But there was nothing. She lay, with her eyes closed and looking so peaceful. Then I felt her chest rise and fall.

"Didn't think I'd go that easy, did you?" She asked, a smile forming on her face. I hugged her. I didn't want to ever let go. I just wanted to hold her safe forever.

Iris's POV

Tom didn't let go of me, not even when we were riding a dragon. I felt safe in his arms, I never wanted him to let go. I loved him so much, and everyone needed to know that.

We got back to The Realm Of Mianite and was greeted by the priest. He gave me a healing potion and I drank it. I also saw him give on to Ezmia as she explained everything.

I knew something, I don't know how I knew, but I knew. I was safe. For now... forever.