High School!AU (pt 1)

I went to the back of the classroom and sat in my usual seat next to my friend Gon, putting my head in my hands and leaning forward.

"I'm so tired!" I yelled, slamming my fists on the table. "Why does Hunter Academy have to start so early?"

"If we want to pass the exam, we have to work hard!" Gon retorted, folding his arms. I looked up to see a glimmer of hope in his eyes. I knew he wanted to find his dad more than anything. I turned and gave a subtle wave towards Leorio and Kurapika, who were sitting near the front. Gon and I liked to mess around, so we'd usually take the very back seats, whereas they liked to pay close attention.

"You're right, I guess." I grumbled, giving him a playful punch in the shoulder. The door slowly opened and in walked our home room teacher, Bisky. Behind her followed a boy who had head down, so no one could see his face.

"Class, we have a new student today. Care to introduce yourself?" Bisky liked formal introductions and always taught us with respect. The boy finally lifted his head, and it was as if the whole world had gone completely quiet. You could have heard a pin drop.

"Killua." He simply said, his electric blue eyes scanning the classroom before him curiously.

"Killua what?"

"Uh... Zori. Killua Zori." Killua... Where had I heard that name before? He had fluffy, messy white hair that perfectly framed his pale face, and eyes that any girl could melt into. He bit his lip awkwardly. Oh god, that lip bite...

"Okay, Killua. Please go and take a seat next to Y/n over there."

I froze.

He waltzed over slowly with his hands buried deep into his pockets and sat down lazily, cupping his chin in his hand. The whole room suddenly erupted into whispers. Every girl was mesmerised by him. But I saw something else. I certain emptiness that needed to be filled.

"Hi." I whispered giving him the most sincere smile I could do. "I'm Y/n L/n. Nice to meet you, Killua." He turned around so his ocean blue eyes met mine, and he smiled cutely and nodded.

"Cool." He whispered back. I turned slightly away so he couldn't see the blush forming on my cheeks. I saw Leorio snicker from the front and give me subtle heart signs, but I chose to ignore him.

-------

*ring!*

Class was finally over. I stood up and stretched, exhausted from learning too much Hunter history. I looked over at Killua again. He caught me looking and gave me a small side smirk. Straight after he got surrounded in a cloud of girls. I sighed. Of course I didn't have a chance with someone like him. I could tell he was going to be popular straight away. That couldn't stop me from dreaming, though. I couldn't put my finger on why his name sounded so familiar. Killua...

"Y/n, right?"

I looked up to see the white haired boy smiling down at me, making me immediately blush again.

"Hi, Killua... Yeah." I said awkwardly, scoffing my boots on the floor. "W- what's up?" I asked. He looked around quickly before his eyes were fixated on me again. Then, he leaned in until I could feel his breath on my cheek. He smelled... Good. Like a mixture of chocolate and something minty.

"I feel like you're the only normal girl here. Mind if I hang out with you?" I gasped, but quickly covered it by clearing my throat. The truth is, a lot of guys had asked me out since I've started coming here, but none of them had made me feel like this. I giggled a little before nodding.

"Sure. I'm not friends with any of them anyway. They're annoying." He gave a low laugh before I started walking out the classroom. He fell into step next to me while Gon was on the other side.

"Oh, this is Gon..."

"I know." He replied quickly. "Yo, Gon. What're you doing here?" He sighed and suddenly started grinning.

"Killua! I thought you'd forgotten about me! Where's Alluka?"

"She went travelling with her friends. I kind of just ended up here." I blinked.

"You guys know each other?" I asked blankly. "How?" They both exchanged a secret smile at each other before replying.

"It's a long story." Killua answered. I frowned, but then nodded before turning to Gon and asking him.

"Oh! Killua and I met way back when we were 11, when we were taking the Hunter..." Killua slammed his hand against Gon's mouth, taking me by surprise. They had a weird relationship. He whispered something on Gon's ear, before he nodded.

"Never mind." Killua quickly stated before digging his hands into his pockets and glaring at the floor. "We were just childhood friends. So were Kurapika and Leorio." So I was the one left out?

"Okay..." I said, smiling slightly. There was something strange going on, and I was going to find out what it was.

AN:

This'll have two parts!^-^ hope you liked it guys!