~2~

CHAPTER TWO.

10 years ago.
Mr Ahmad came back from his trip for two months. He was happy to visit his daughter Adama who was just nine years old.

Adama was staying with her aunt Amina who was Ahmad's older sister who neared no children. He came home with louts of gifts for Adama. He loved his only daughter to death because she was the daughter of his deceased wife Adama.

Yes his wife's name was Adama also, he named his daughter Adama because his wife died while giving birth to his child and Ahmad was in a dark place when she died and he named his daughter Adama to feel close to his wife.

His daughter had her mothers looks. She had beautiful caramel skin, slim, long dark hair just like her mother.

Ahmad felt bad for his child who grew up without a mother and only lived in the care of her father and nannies. Ahmad was a rich man because he was the minister of war and worked alongside His Majesty in the palace.

He was also related to the Dabbo clan who share the same ancestors with him. He was a noble man who loved his daughter but was lonely at the same time.

One day Ahmad took a liking for a woman named Zainab. He didn't really love her as much as Adama but was merely attracted to her. He liked her mainly because of his daughter Adama so she could have a mother figure in her life.

He didn't really take his time to know her but he married her without knowing her full background story. Zainab was a fair lady and was slightly fat but still beautiful.

When Adama met Zainab she liked her instantly but not knowing that Zainab attitude towards her was just a act so she could marry her father for money.

When Ahmad was not around Zainab constantly abuses Adama. She rarely gives the seven year old food and barely takes care of her only when Ahmad was around.

Ahmad never notices because he was busy fighting alongside with the king because a war has been taking place and was heading towards Kano.

It was so sad what happened to Ahmad when he went for his last war and what Zainab did to Adama after that.

***
So how do you like chapter 2?
Comment your thoughts☺️
New updates twice a week.

Chapter three updated on Inkitt.