~22~

JUPITER'S POV

Now it's Monday, and the school day has begun. With a backpack slung over my shoulder, I stepped into the bustling hallways of the school, feeling a mix of excitement and anticipation. As I made my way to my locker, I spotted my friends Lucas and Zahra chatting near the entrance.

Lucas spotted me and flashed a playful grin. "Hey there, lover boy. How was your weekend with Peter?"

A blush crept up my cheeks as I tried to play it cool. "It was...nice. We had a great time together."

Zahra joined in, her eyes sparkling with curiosity. "Ooh, spill the details! What did you two get up to?"

I chuckled, feeling a warmth spread through my chest. "It was incredible, honestly. We went to this cozy little café and just talked for hours. I couldn't stop smiling the whole time."

Zahra's eyes sparkled with delight. "That sounds so lovely! I'm glad you two had a great time together."

Lucas then added playfully. "If I didin't know you I'd say you're in love...can you believe that Zar, our boy, Jupiter Gilmore, is in love"

Before I could respond, Zahra's gaze shifted behind me. "Speaking of which, isn't that Peter over there? He's heading our way, or should I say...yours."

Sure enough, I turned around to see Peter approaching us. His presence made my heart skip a beat, but we exchanged nervous smiles, aware of our surroundings. The school hallway was hardly the ideal place for public displays of affection. He flashed me a warm smile, and I felt a rush of nervous excitement.

"Hey, Jup!" Peter greeted me, his voice filled with genuine affection.

"Hey, Pete!" I replied, trying my best to act casual despite the butterflies in my stomach.

"Hey, Peter," Zahra chimed in with a knowing grin. "So, how was your weekend? Anything interesting happen?"

Peter glanced at me briefly before turning his attention back to Zahra. "Yeah, it was great."

Lucas wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. "Just great, huh? Sounds like there's more to the story."

I shot Lucas a playful glare, trying to hide my embarrassment. "Come on, guys, don't be dicks"

I quickly grabbed Peter's hand, leading him a few feet away from Lucas and Zahra. My voice dropped to a hushed tone as I asked, "Hey, Pete, what do you think? Should we, you know, act like...friends at school?"

Peter hesitated for a moment, his expression filled with both fondness and uncertainty. "Jup, you know I really like you, but I don't know...it just feels we're going too fast, maybe we shoudn't say anything here, you know?"

Feeling a mixture of relief and disappointment, I glanced at Peter. "Mmm, yeah, of course, if you're not ready, you're not ready, I won't rush you, don't worry"

Peter seemed relived. "Thanks Jup, I knew you'd undertand."

"Yeah..." I said "Oh and, I told my friends, if you didn't noticed, I hope you don't mind."

"Yeah, it's pretty obvious". He chuckled. "I don't care tho, if you trust them, I do too"

"Great! Have you told any of your friends...like Ned or MJ?"

"No, not yet, I still have to come out and I'm scared as fuck. Maybe i'll tell them this week"

Just then, Ned, Peter's friend, appeared out of nowhere, catching us by surprise.

"Hey, dude!" Ned greeted Peter, their special handshake bringing a smile to both their faces. They were such nerds, and I loved it.

"Hey, Jupiter," Ned greeted me as well.

"Hi, Ned," I replied, trying my best to appear nonchalant.

Curiosity got the better of Ned as he asked, "So, what were you guys talking about?"

Caught off guard, Peter and I exchanged quick glances, silently communicating our need for a cover story. We scrambled to come up with something plausible.

"Uh, math class!" I blurted out, hoping it would divert Ned's attention.

Peter chimed in almost simultaneously, "Spider-Man!"

Ned's brows furrowed in confusion. "Wait, what? I'm lost."

Stumbling over our words, we attempted to salvage the situation. "Oh, we were discussing how our math teacher is a big Spider-Man fan. Yeah, he drops subtle references during class. It's like his secret hobby or something," Peter rambled nervously, emphasizing the obvious fact that our conversation had nothing to do with math or superheroes.

Ned's confusion seemed to dissipate as he chuckled. "Man, I must have missed those hints. Well, now I'll have to pay closer attention during math class."

Relieved that Ned had bought our improvised cover story, I laughed along with Peter. "Yeah, you definitely should. Who knows, you might uncover a hidden superhero lesson in there."

Ned chuckled and patted Peter on the shoulder. "Well, you guys keep it up. Gotta grab my books before the next class. See you later!"

"Nice save, huh?," Peter whispered, a grateful smile on his face.

I chuckled softly, intertwining my fingers with his. "We make a pretty good team, don't we?"

"We do," he replied, his gaze filled with warmth and gratitude. "Thanks Jup, for covering for me"

"No worries, Pete, I'm here for you, and if you want to go slow, it's your decition and I'll respect it"

A pause hung in the air, both of us aware of the unspoken connection between us. Then, he broke the silence.

"Do you want to, maybe... do something after school?" Peter asked, his voice tinged with a hint of nervousness.

My heart skipped a beat, a smile spreading across my face. "Are you asking me on another date, Parker?"

He chuckled, his cheeks slightly flushed. "Maybeee."

I playfully raised an eyebrow. "Well, that's not fair. Let me be the one asking this time."

"Okay, do your best," he replied, his eyes sparkling with anticipation.

I took a moment to gather my thoughts, savoring the opportunity to playfully reciprocate his interest.

"Alright, here goes," I said with a mock serious expression. "Would you, Peter Parker, want to come over to my place after school?"

He feigned contemplation, a mischievous glimmer in his eyes. "Hmm, I don't know... I'd have to check my calendar," he teased.

I couldn't help but laugh at his playful response. "Oh, so that's how you want to play, huh? Okay, I can be cocky too, Parker."

He grinned, a mixture of fondness and excitement lighting up his face. "I'm looking forward to it, Jup. It's a date."

"Let me check my incredibly busy schedule." I said with a playful smirk.

Peter's eyes widened in mock surprise. "Oh, really? You have a busy schedule too? Well, I hope you can fit me in."

I feigned deep thought, tapping my chin exaggeratedly. "Hmm, let's see... Ah, yes, it seems I have a small opening for a certain spider-themed individual."

Peter chuckled, catching onto my playful banter. "Well, I guess I could squeeze you into my schedule too."

I grinned, unable to contain my excitement. "That sounds perfect. My house it is then. Just don't forget your web-slinging abilities to make a grand entrance."

Peter chuckled again. "Of course, I'll make sure to impress you with my web-slinging skills."

We shared a moment of laughter, enjoying the lightheartedness of our conversation. It was refreshing to have these playful moments.

As the bell rang, signaling the start of the school day, we reluctantly let go of each other's hands and headed to our respective classes.

Hi guys!!! Today's Tom Holland's birthday! Idk about you but he's my fav spiderman of the three, he's just perfect.
Anyway, hope you liked the chapter! It's a lil shorter than what I've been writing, I think, but idc lol.
See yaa!