Cyan x Fem!Entomologist!Reader🤍

Pic above is by rainbowfriendsfanatic on tumblr^^

Thank you for requesting! AshleyTheImpostor

If yall don't know what an Entomologist is heres a definition from google:
Entomologist • Career
Entomologists are people who study insects, as a career, as amateurs or both.
Basically ur an insect researcher🐞
(this shot may or may not have a little bit of angst so ye😘)

F/d - Favourite drink

Proofread: Not yet.

Enjoy!!

—————————
{Narrators POV}
Y/n, a woman with a masters degree in entomology and animal care, is set on finding a family friendly place where she can pursue her career. She strives to find a place that can be explored in both aspects, insect research and animal care. Little does Y/n know, that she will find the job of her dreams in the next following days.

{Your POV}
'I could work in a farm, but there aren't really insects that I could research continuously... A vet? No. Ugh...'
I've been looking for jobs that consist of my two masters degrees, but there just isn't any that could match. And if there were any jobs that would match perfectly, they were all already full and didn't accept any more employees.
Tired of searching for jobs, I decided to call it a day and went to sleep a lot earlier than I usually do, hoping to find a place that fits me tomorrow.

I woke up at around eight thirty, feeling well-rested. I put on a comfy t-shirt and shorts, not bothering with anything complicated since I didn't plan on going anywhere today.
I made myself breakfast and opened up my laptop to continue from where I left off yesterday.
Taking a sip from my morning F/d, I browsed the internet, looking at different websites and job offerings. All the ones I could find were specifically animal- or insect oriented, with no in between.
I left the site I was on to look to some place else, but instead, my eyes locked on a colourful ad, with big letters it spelled:
JOB OFFERING IN ODD WORLD!
ANIMAL CARE AND MORE!
"Okay... I guess I can check it out, it won't kill me."
I clicked on the ad and waited for the page to load. When it finally did, I could immediately see that the website was decorated with every colour of the rainbow, definitely a massive hazard to Photophobic people.
'Glad I ain't epileptic or else I would've had twelve seizures by now...'
Scrolling downward, I finally saw the details for the job application and skimmed over it quickly.
"Holy shit. I hit the jackpot!"
I did a small victory shuffle in my chair, gathered myself, and read it all again properly to make sure I got the full picture.
'Okay, so. I have to care for an animal and keep it company, clean its room  and be an introductory guide to the guests when needed. Sounds easy! There are currently two spots left and one of them has the benefit of beginners entomology research added in, so that means I can train my knowledge, and research insects! Let's fucking go!'
I immediately went to sign myself up for Cyan, hopefully my new buddy that I can look after.
After signing a few waivers and putting in my information, I was set.
'Now, we hope for the best.'

After a few days, I got an email from the manager at Odd World, saying that they would like to do an interview with me tomorrow at the Odd World theme park at four o'clock sharp. They added that I should wear something comfortable, that can also get dirty.
I responded with a kind message thanking them and agreeing with the date.
"Yes! Finally I can try for a job!"
Content with my achievement, I waddled over to my TV and looked for something to watch on Netflix.
I clicked on a show that interested me, and set a timer tomorrow to wake up at nine and get moving at three.
I made myself comfortable on my couch and relaxed.

Probably causing another crack on my protective screen, I woke up half-smashing my phone to pieces, as usual.
"Fucking hell I gotta stop waking up like I'm at war."
I sighed and got on my feet, walking to the kitchen and deciding that I want pancakes for breakfast.
After finishing the pancake mix, I let it sit in the fridge for a while as I used the toilet and showered. Also brushing my teeth since I forgot to yesterday.
I blew out my hair a little with a blowdryer and then let it air-dry.
I put on a simple t-shirt and —already dirty— jeans. I put on simple stud earrings and tied my hair in a ponytail.
I returned to the kitchen, taking out the pancake mix and putting a pan on my stove to heat up.