~𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃~

‧⁺˚·༓☾☽༓·˚⁺‧͙‧͙⁺˚·༓☾☽༓·˚⁺‧͙ ˚⁺‧͙ ‧͙⁺˚

Persephone woke the next morning to a blonde boy hovering over her. "So it is true," a mischievous grin covered his face, "Hades has found the lost goddess."

A scream erupted out of Peresphone's throat, the god stumbling back and Hades rushing in, his eyes frantic as he looked at the woman in his bed before turning to the god who tumbled over in the room. "Gods Hermes," Hades sighed, walking over to the bed, sinking down to sit beside Persephone, taking the shaking goddess in his arms when she nearly crawled into his lap for safety, "You know not to enter my bed chambers without my permission."

"I just wanted to see the missing goddess, Poseidon said you would hide her away if given the chance."

The voices were muted as Persephone hide in Hades' arms, the frantic awakening making her heart beat loud in her ears. Hades didn't push her, only comforted her while she came down from a god in her face. It's like the gods just assumed she would enter her divine life with ease, they forgot that she grew up thinking she was mortal. "My flower," Hades' timber voice pulled her out of her head, green eyes blinking up to look at the man holding her, "Zeus has requested our presence in Olympus," Persephone felt her heart pick up once more, thundering against her chest, "You will be safe, Hermes here is your dear half brother," Persephone tilted her head, looking at the god with golden hair that matched hers, "he promises to protect you as well."

"Mother never mentioned having another child," the word sounded funny falling off her tongue when she sat up again, letting Hades set her back on the bed.

"That is because Demeter never had another child, oh no no no," Hermes was giddy, a god of trickery and messages, he seemed to always find joy in even the most weary situations, "we share the same father."

"I do not know my father," Persephone took Hermes' hand when he offered it, following him over to the mirror. She was much shorter than her brother, coming to her full height at his chest, but they shared the same golden skin, the same flushed cheeks, and the same golden locks. Persephone could not deny that they were related, she supposed most of the gods were, especially because she was a full-blooded goddess, she must have come from two divine bloodlines.

"Our father is Zeus," Hermes smiled and Persephone felt her heart pick up, "If it makes you feel better little sister, he hated muting your magic, Zeus is cruel, but you are his prize, even if you didn't know it."

Little Sister. The words made her heart shatter, and tears formed in her eyes. "Uh Hades," Hermes backed away from his sister, the king of the underworld appearing behind the young goddess, arms wrapping around her to keep her tightly against his chest.

"What is it my flower?"

"How much of my life is a lie?" She whispered, looking at the god through the mirror, "I don't know if I want to be a goddess, I don't know how to do this, I want to be mortal, like my mama and papa, and Psyche. I-" Persephone took a stuttered breath, "I'm scared Hades, I don't want a war, I don't want a life running from Demeter."

"Hermes," Hades commanded, the golden god appearing before him and the sobbing goddess, "Alert Zeus that I will be arriving at Mount Olympus alone or he can have his meeting here," Hermes nodded to what Hades was saying watching as Hades cradled Persephone in his arms, "before you return to Olympus, fetch two boys, their names are Achilles and Patroclus, transport them to my bed chambers."

"Yes sir." And with a bright light, Hermes was gone.

"My flower," Hades breathed out, lifting Persephone off the ground, her tears glistening against her cheeks. "I need you to breathe for me," He laid her on the bed, the silk sheets mending around her body. Persephone felt her eyes grow heavy, what she would find out later was that Hades was using his magic to push her back into a slumber she needed, Persephone was not used to the sudden changes in her life. She had spent years in a meadow thinking that was her future, it was her permanent home. The rapid change was taking a toll.