Forrest Nash

Forrest is hailed as a national hero after the incident, as the incident was recorded by a few listeners, and sent in to several news stations. Forrest would be commended by the Governor of Illinois for saving Gallow's Creek and exposing the truth behind George Barrow's death. After the incident, Forrest would be offered his old job back, but would decline for the time being, stating that he's not ready to leave KFAM just yet. 10 years after the incident, Gallow's Creek would be renamed to Forrest's Creek to honor Forrest. He would be given the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Bill Clinton in 1993, with President Clinton stating "This man has the courage of a firefighter, and the selflessness of an EMT. He saved more people in one night than most firefighters ever will in a town like Gallow's Creek."

Forrest would continue to work at KFAM until his retirement in 2016, as the radio station now had more sponsors and didn't need to rely on the Gallows family for sponsorship. After his retirement, he'd write a memoir, which would reveal that he never ran for public office due to having no interest in politics, and he didn't want to end up like Teddy, corrupt and abhorrent. In his memoir, he'd also reveal that him Peggy remain close, and that he goes with her, her sister and her nephew to visit George's grave every year on the anniversary of the incident. He would also reveal that Donald Trump offered him a role in his administration as White House Press Secretary, but Forrest declined, saying "Donald Trump is like Teddy Gallows, if Gallows was overweight and spray-tanned." Forrest's book would become a bestseller overnight immediately after its release.