Peggy Campbell

After the incident, Peggy would be taken to the hospital with a cut on her arm. The cut would be stitched up, and she'd be discharged two days later in a cast. She would make a full recovery. Peggy would keep in contact with her sister after the incident, visiting her in prison weekly. The two would forgive each other for what happened and become close again, with Peggy later marrying and having kids of her own. She would name them after George and her birth father. Peggy would take her husband's last name, Nash, Peggy would have married Forrest Nash 10 years after that Whistling Night. Peggy would run for mayor in 2007 and would win with the backing of then-Senator Barack Obama. Peggy would go on to serve two terms as mayor before retiring as mayor in 2015.

Peggy would continue to work at KFAM until her election as mayor. During her mayoral tenure, she imposed harsher punishments for deaths resulting from pranks; brought better paying jobs to Forrest's Creek; improved the town's public schools; kept Forrest's Creek clean through hiring litter clean-up crews; and banned Whistling Night pranks all together, so that what happened to George and Jimmy never happened again; and left office with Forrest's Creek entering a period of peace and cleanliness. She also led a successful search for Edward Mooney's body, and finally brought an official ending to the case of the Whistling Man, for good.

Peggy would write a book shortly after her retirement as mayor. In it, she would describe her thoughts during the attacks, her attempts to look for her sister before the incident, and their lives prior to George's death. In the book, Peggy would reveal that she was physically abused by her mother, citing that as the reason she took Forrest's last name upon marriage, to be rid of any link to her late mother for the rest of her life.