Reporting

Recently, I had been getting reports from Noface and some of his crew from the outside. Along with the reports that I was reading through with Lord Gown, it was interesting bits and pieces of information here and there. While I had taken my day off to relax, Lord Gown had taken the initiative and found out more information about the Giant of the East and the Demon Snake of the West. Going with Aura, both went to investigate what kind of monsters they were since Aura had no knowledge of such beings being mentioned before. Unfortunately, their search was in vain but bonded from what I had gathered.

But what was interesting was the information during that time when he was gone. From what I had read over, the two kingdoms; the Baharuth Empire and Re-Estize Empire are usually waging war against one another, specifically during the time of abundant harvest. But now that the most manpower is being spent on recovering from the recent crusade, that seemed less likely. Though, from the reports I have been receiving even before the initial meeting with Lord Gown, the ruler of Baharuth Empire, Jircniv Rune Farlord El-Nix is quite the cunning lord. One does not climb to the top without wit and power.

Ruffling through the papers, reading some of the work of Alucard and Caspian, who worked for a week straight on the political information, I sigh. Recently, I have been having a headache from any strenuous work against my eyes. Reading, analyzing, and even glancing at the words on paper sets off any headache I was able to acquire.

At first, the guardians thought that I was being poisoned, which was a long stretch as assumptions go, but I decided to humor them. After a thorough investigation, the only thing that they were able to complain about was that the pits of cherry seeds were left in the fruit, making it a choking hazard. I thought the claim was lubricous, but many of the other workers agreed with my guardians and are actively looking out for anything that could potentially "harm" me.

Turns out that I was just getting too stressed out when examined by the doctor. I didn't even know there was a doctor by hand in the Tomb of Nazarick. Very convenient. The doctor did a thorough examination, and make sure to prescribe lots of rest and no stressful activity from now until two weeks. But what was I supposed to do in those two weeks?

I heard stomping from outside my door, almost like someone was in a hurry to get inside the bedroom. There is only one person who I know of who is allowed to do that, and my guess turned out correct.

"Are you alright?" After a gentle knock, the soft voice of Lord Gown spoke out.

I giggle. "Yes, I am fine. But why are you speaking to me through the door?"

"I don't want to aggravate your condition anymore and make it worse than it already is. You are a delicate lady and who knows what might happen if I show my face right now." He rambled on.

With Lord Gown being distracted, I walked to the door and opened it slightly. It had been a couple of weeks now since we had started to live together and spend more time together. It was all so enjoyable, and me not feeling as lonely as I once did has made my heart feel so light. Yet, I hadn't accounted for finding myself falling ever so slightly for him. It had crept up on me by surprise, and though I had tried to deny it, I can't.

His gentleness with me, his consideration, and the way he tries to make time for me so I don't have to be alone moved my heart so. He has flirted his way into my heart, and I had no chance of stopping it. But, whenever I think of this, my heart still aches. Oh, how I wish his sweet words of nothing meant more than that, nothing.

Even last week, when we were enjoying ourselves in the outside air, spread out on the blankets that lay on the fresh green grass. I had enjoyed the cool breeze tickling my nose, and the sunlight caressing my pale skin, even though the heat nipped at it lightly.