Moving Up

You suddenly opened your eyes, blinking in the light. You reached across under the sheets but found the other half bare. You slowly lifted your head as you heard a low thud of boots as he stepped out of the bathroom. "Did I wake you?" he asked.

You smiled to him, "Nah, just time I guess. When did you get up?" you answered.

He shrugged, "Half an hour ago." he said as he walked across to a small table where a percolator resided.

"You could have rolled over and gone back to sleep." you said.

"Could, but I've got work to do. Can't exactly sleep till noon." he said as he filled two cups and turned, passing one to you for which you thanked him as he sat on the edge of the bed with his cup. "Besides, you're a covers thief." he added with a smirk.

"What? I am not!" you exclaimed defensively.

"Oh yes, you are! Could leave a guy hypothermic!" he chuckled.

"That's deformation of my character!" you exclaimed, "I would slap you with a glove if I had one!" you laughed, taking a sip of the coffee. "Sorry though," you added seriously, "I guess I'm a little out of practice sharing a bed with someone."

"Yeah, me too." he replied.

"Kinda nice though." you said with a faint smile.

He met your gaze with an oddly wistful look, "Yeah, it is." you were both quiet for a moment, just sitting in thought. "You don't make a habit of having the others crowd in your room do you?" he asked out of the blue.

"Um, no, I never have the others in my room. The last person was Tracer when I got here, and you of course. Why?" you questioned.

"Well, I was just thinking that unless someone was expecting you to be in there regularly, then I wouldn't mind you staying here when you wanted." he explained.

"Good sir, are you asking me to move in?" you said with a smirk. He looked away, turning his focus on his coffee.

"No, well, not exactly. I mean, we already live in the same building. I was just thinking so you wouldn't be creeping into my room at night or have to sneak to your room every morning to change." he muttered.

You gave a laugh, "Relax, G.I. Joe, I was hoping you'd let me stay here regularly." you said, taking pity on him. He breathed lightly, relaxing a little. "Hope you're prepared for makeup and dental products to flood your bathroom." you said in amusement as you took a swig of the coffee.

"Oh for god's sake." he muttered in exasperation. "I'd better be able to get in there!"

"You will! Just... If you don't take deep breaths." you joked. "Don't worry, Im tidy."

"Actually, you should keep in mind that sometimes people come to get me, So just don't leave things lying around." he said.

"Aw, that mean I can't leave my knickers lying on the bed?" you said in faux disappointment.

"Not unless you want a lot of knowing looks and hints." he answered.

"Hey, they could think it's yours!" you said.

"Don't think your clothes would fit me." he said with a smirk and a raised brow.

You laughed, "Fair play. Although, who do you have coming in and out of your room seeing this hypothetical underwear?" you questioned.

He shrugged, "Usually Mercy actually." he said.

You clapped your hand to your chest with a gasp, "Just two days and you're already seeing other women!" you joked.