§ SIX §

MALAISA ELONIE BROOKS

FIFTEEN YEARS OLD 

AUGUST  27 2022

[ monday ]

MALAISA WAS CURRENTLY burying her face in a pillow to drown out her mothers embarrassing antics . her mother laughed at her with a wide smile taking over her face . she lifted her face from the pillow and put it back against her headboard .

"i didn't say anything i just peeped you had a little crushhh." she dragged teasing her making malaisa put her face in her palm .

"ma you gotta stop we just friends. i barely know that nigga." she shrugs denying . she knew she needed to admit her feelings , but she was really still stuck on trying not to get hurt again . 

"technically, you've known him as long as nysir has which would be a year now." she informs making malaisa shake her head .

"umm technically, i've heard about him for a year, we never met until a week ago." she recalled and mariah put her hands up in surrender . malaisa huffs scrolling on her phone .

the kids didn't have school today due to a malfunction with the heating . and one thing bout it with how cold it is in the city they were not about to sit in that freezing ass school . so until further notice they were required to stay home . 

though almost everybody and they mama knew not nan one of them damn kids was staying they ass home . the nypd were expecting to shut down any ragers and cuff kids who wanted to use the day as a reason to fight, sell, or partake in any illegal activities .

"mhmm. so. what you got planned for your free skip day?" mariah asks as she held malaisa and scrolled on her tv to find something to watch . malaisa shrugged not wanting to go into full detail .

"nothing really. sydney had to take a client and annaleise at a track meet." she shrugs , giving her half the details .

"mmk that's good for them, but i asked about you." she presses and malaisa sighs sitting up . she flips her hair liking the sound of the beads clashing .

"well i don't go anywhere without them, so sounds like no plans for me." she shrugged going to scroll on instagram .

"right right you don't go anywhere without them. except ethan's house." she tilts her head with a teasing smile and malaisa sighs and blushes at his name and turns her head .

"oh my goddd. you just wanted to tease." she playfully rolled her eyes as she groans flopping back on her moms bed making her laugh .

"no. i, just want you to admit it. you got feelings for the lil boy." she nudges her thigh and malaisa dramatically groans . she sits up slightly letting her elbows give her support .