Chapter 7

The next day, I got a text from Luke.

11.34am

Luke: Last night was amazing (;

11.35am

Emily: Yes. I like your lips Lukey :)

11.36am

Luke: haha so do you want anybody knowing about us yet?

11.36am

Emily: well, just for fun lets not say anything, I want to see the boys faces when they figure it out xx that cool?

11.37am

Luke: yeah that's all good (: do you wanna go somewhere tonight? Like for a first date?

11.38am

Emily: aw yes! What did you have in mind?

11.39am

Luke: hmmm...

11.41am

Luke: okay, meet me outside my house tonight, around 7 let's say xx I want this to be a surprise (:

11.41am

Emily: great! I gotta go to work. See you tonight lukey xx

11.42am

Luke: cya gorgeous!!! XxX

I put my phone down and hopped out of bed. I got undressed and went in the shower. URGH. I hated work so much. I mean woolies was alright, I just hated working in general.

I wrapped myself in a towel and dried off. I pulled out my work shirt, a black slim fitting skirt, and put on my ballet flats. I let my hair out and quickly brushed it. I put on a bit of mascara and some lip balm. I grabbed my phone and bag and went downstairs. I took my dad's keys and got in the car. As I was driving along, i saw Beau, I smiled and rolled down my window and slowed the car down. I put on the cheesiest smile and stuck my hand out the window and flipped him off. At first he looked confused, then he saw that it was me and started laughing. I drove away, I watched him in the rear view mirror. He was absolutely loosing his shit. Was it really that funny?

I got home from work, feeling excited. I got in the shower and freshened up. I wrapped myself in a towel and walked to my bedroom. I decided to pretty myself up a bit. I put on a black button up top, and put a royal blue flowy skirt over top, so it kind of gave the illusion of a dress. I put a black and gold belt over the top of the elastic of my skirt so it didn't look odd. I slipped on my small black wedges, the heel was only about one and a half inches. I didn't want to dress too formal. I had no idea where we were going. I let my hair out and decided to stick with my natural waves. I put some brown eyeliner on my top lids, I put on mascara and I stained my lips with a very pale pink brown colour. I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked alright...it would do. I grabbed my bag and phone and walked over to Luke's house. He was sitting on the verandah waiting. He saw me and stood up. The smile on his face was way too fucking adorable to resist. I hugged him and kissed his cheek. Feeling really excited. He was wearing a blue and red plaid shirt, black jeans and his white converse. His hair was left alone as usual but he looked so fucking amazing.

"You look beautiful Em!!!" He said. I smiled and blushed.

"Where are we going tonight?" I asked as we walked to the car.

"You'll see"he says.

"Do you have to be so fucking mysterious Luke?" I said way too rudely. He looked at me with gorgeous puppy eyes.

"Sorry, you doof" I said laughing. We drove for about 20 minutes before Luke parked the car. There was a night carnival on tonight, right near the beach.

"Luke?" I said excited. He looked at me and nodded his head.

"Welcome to our first date em." He said smiling. He kissed my cheek and we got out of the car. Our hands found each other as we walked through the carnival. The first thing we went on was the Ferris wheel. It was pretty big and had amazing lights. Once we were seated, Luke put his arms around me and I snuggled up to him. Our conversations went on and on until we stopped talking and sat there in each others warmth. I played with Luke's fingers while he kept planted kisses on my head. I felt so happy. We walked around the carnival for another 2 hours, going on rides and playing games. Luke even won an adorable stuffed elephant, he poked my nose with its trunk.

"This is for you, beautiful." He said in an 'elephant's voice'. I laughed and gave him a huge hug. We walked along the jetty that was there, it was a lot more quieter and calm. Kind of perfect really. We eventually sat down. Luke's feet dangling off the edge. I leaned my head on his shoulder and we just stayed there, watching the light from the carnival and the moon reflect onto the water, not saying a word. It was so nice jut sitting and chilling with Luke. "Thank you so much Luke, "I said looking up at him "this has been the perfect night."

He smiled with a 'yes! I have succeeded' expression on his face. I laughed.

"What?" He asked laughing at my randomness.

"Nothing" I said kissing his shoulder. "Wrong..." He said. I looked at him confused. Then he pursed his lips and pointed to them.

"Here" he said, his eyes shining. I giggled. I leaned in and so did Luke. Our lips met and crashed together. What was meant to be a quick kiss turned into a make out session. And I loved every single fucking bit of it. Luke bit my lip as I brushed my hands behind his neck. Our tongues pushed together as our lips moved in perfect sync. I wasn't sure how many minutes had passed before a breeze wafted through the air and I started shivering. Luke notice and pulled away. He took his jacket off and put it around my shoulders. So cliché yet so fucking sweet. I smiled and gave him a thank you kiss.

"Shall we go?" I asked him.

"Yeah, let's go home " he said smiling. My heart absolutely melted at the site of his smile. We walked back along the jetty and towards the car. The whole car ride home we sang all kinds of songs together. Completely oblivious to that fact that people were staring at us. It was weird because i never really showed my crazy side to anyone (except Austin and my brother), i guess Luke made me feel comfortable and happy. We finally got home and got out the car. Luke walked over to my side and with out saying a word, took hold of my waist and pulled me closer, leaning his forehead on mine. I smiled.

"Thank you for an amazing night Lukey." I said but he put his fingers on my lips to shut me up. I stood there dumbly not knowing what Luke was doing. He leaned in closing his eyes. And he kissed me very softly. It felt like I was kissing an angel. I hugged him tight. I pulled away taking Luke's jumper off.

"Em, keep the jumper, it's yours" Luke said stopping me.

"You sure?" I asked.

"Yeah, positive" he said flashing another soul melting smile.

"Thanks" I said. "I'll see you tomorrow." I said giving him a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Goodnight you" he said giving me a tight hug. He let go and I turned around and walked back home. When I was at the door I turned around. Luke was still standing there, staring at me.

"Go inside" I told him from across the street. He chuckled and did as he was told. He was so cute.

Once I was inside I saw my mum sitting there, glaring at me.

"Where on earth have you been!?!?" She yelled at me. Oh fuck!

"Calm down! I was at a friends house!" I yelled back. Her face relaxed and she calmed down.

"Emily, next time you HAVE to let me know where you are going or at least tell me that you're going out... I was worried" she said looking at the clock on the wall.

"Sorry, goodnight" I said relieved that she didn't give me a 20 minute lecture. "Good night" she said and I walked upstairs and into my bedroom. It was only till I was in my bedroom that i realised how tired I was. I decided to skip the shower and I got changed straight into my singlet. I didn't really bother putting on pants. I put luke's jumper back on and then I collapsed into my bed sheets and almost instantly fell asleep. Smiling as I kept replaying the memories of tonight. I think I was in love.