Chapter 2: Alliance

In the bygone era of the Solaris Empire, the great Emperor Tribe, a luminary among men, envisioned a paradise. His ambition was to create an eternal symphony of peace and accord for humanity. Upon discovering a paradise now revered as the Solaris Empire, the founding emperor, a sound judgment of unparalleled wisdom, has pledged that the specter of poverty and inequality shall not cast its shadow upon his paradisiacal haven.

"Solidarity shall reign!" he proclaimed with resolute confidence, echoing the sentiment that would resonate for decades.

As the centuries passed, the unified relation of the empire began to drift, dividing itself into 4 distinct kingdoms.

In the northern expanse, the Kingdom of Veeral thrived under the benevolent rule of King Handor Dhin. Blessed with abundant natural resources, rare to other kingdoms, Veeral flourished into the empire's paramount trading system. The kingdom's wealth increased rapidly from nature's bounties and the craftsmanship of their formidable warriors, clad in armor forged from rare materials.

To the south, the Kingdom of Paradilla was governed under the equitable rule of King Argon Eekor, an exemplar of the great Emperor Tribe's principles. A bastion of fairness, Paradilla claimed the third-highest prosperity in the empire and possessed the second-most formidable warriors among all kingdoms.

In the empire's western domain lay the enigmatic Kingdom of Aliah, presided over by the formidable Queen Seri Mordor. Aliah maintained an air of secrecy while securing the empire's second-highest wealth, prohibiting access to outsiders. The queen's proclamation emphasized the sanctity of kingdom borders, a pronouncement reluctantly accepted by the other kingdoms, given Aliah's possession of the empire's premier warriors.

In the east, shrouded in obscurity, stood the Kingdom of Naeri, with no clear leader, the people struggled with the specter of poverty. Each sunrise witnessed a desperate battle against hunger within its confines.

Despite the great Emperor Tribe's ideals, the inevitability of division and impermanence overshadowed his noble aspirations. In this world, unity succumbed to the relentless march of time.

Within this empire, a spark of reality emerged-the weak became prey, and the superiors were the predators. To navigate the treacherous landscape and abstain from war, alliances with the mightiest predators, the Kingdoms of Veeral and Aliah, became the sensible strategy for survival in the empire of Solaris.

The question looms: in which kingdom shall trust find its sanctuary?

"Your Majesty, we draw near our designated destination." General Ehron reminded the king.

The king offered a measured nod. His gaze redirected towards the carriage window-a small and modest aperture allowing a glimpse of the surrounding expanse. Yet, when his eyes met the field, an unforeseen revelation unfolded upon his countenance. A momentarily shocked expression betrayed the king's regal composure. The general, often observant, noticed the subtle parting of the king's lips. He was taken aback, witnessing an uncharacteristic reaction from the king. It marked the first instance where King Argon showed a hint of concern when he was typically stoic.

The general cleared his throat "You must talk with the witness, Your Majesty."

"Witness? Are you implying that someone observed the inception of the ominous dark dust?" The king asked. This time, his face bears no expression.

"He claims that he witnessed the shadows that caused the disappearance of his daughter, Your Majesty." General Ehron gave a narrative that seemed to defy reality making the king's brow furrow in skepticism. Despite the doubt sketched on his face, King Argon remained attentive and chose to reserve judgment until he heard the full story from the witness himself.