Prologue

In a perfect world, the sun meets the horizon and the water reflects its beauty. Somehow, this view resembles what the world could have been if destiny allowed light to prevail. But no, light always collides with darkness.

If only free will were true, humanity would not suffer. Humans live in a world where they are controlled by the gods; The people are the characters and the supreme being is the author of the book. They say, no matter what you do, you cannot stop the path that you are destined for. Your fate will remain as your fate.

"Ahhh!!"

"No!!!"

"Father!!!"

The sound of screams, the thick flowing blood, the reflection of the blades and the roaring light of fire. People are suffering and people are dying. But there are those who are holding hope in their heart, and one of them is a man trying to outrun death. In a blink of an eye, people are being crushed by raining boulders and the man could see them die on his peripheral vision. His eyes widened but he kept on running.

Suddenly, a sharp blade-like structure emerged from the ground, penetrating his lower limb. He felt a thick and warm sensation flow through his body. His hands were filled with blood. The man lifted his trembling arms, attempting to cover his eyes from the shining dark shadow.

His legs were completely crushed and there is nothing he can do but reach for the missing sun.

Hope was nowhere to be found.

"Please–"  He choked.

"Do not...Kill me..." He pleaded.

A maniacal laugh echoed loudly.

Death is slowly building up power. The Lunar Celestia; A legend, a prophecy that is destined to wipe out the entire human history.

"You cannot change your destiny mortal." His red fuming eyes and his demon voice made the man shiver.

"Please! I have a family!" He pleaded once again, hoping that the Lunar Celestia will listen to him. But he showed no mercy. With a simple hand gesture, an even larger boulder of fire was formed out of nowhere and crushed the man alive.

"Stop!" Another man shouted.

But this time, it is not because he is trying to run away from death. He pulled his sharp sword out of the sheath. A strong shield formed around the man. His eyes lit with anger preparing himself for the battle. He could only hope that he could defeat the Lunar Celestia.

"Casimere, you cannot undo the prophecy." The Lunar Celestia laughed in a devilish way. Casimere gulped, but he did not turn his back.

"Yes I cannot change what the prophecy offers, but it has always been my duty as a warrior to stop darkness from ruining the light." He fought back with a strong voice. The Lunar Celestia laughed.

"Your fate is the same as the other mortals on this Empire. You are all destined to meet death." He whispered.

"No!" Casimere attacked pointing his blade at the powerful being.

Casimere activated the power that the great sword of Adakhar holds, aiming for the opponent's vulnerable spot—The red ore—planted on its chest. The magic of the sword could kill thousands with one swing, but that is only true for mortals. This is a war between a supreme being and a warrior who seeks peace for humanity. Using his impeccable speed and the blessing of the sword's increased power, he could have a chance to defeat death. However, the Lunar Celestia expertly dodged Casimere's attack, despite using his full speed. He was shocked. The Lunar Celestia retaliated with strikes of shadow blades. Casimere tried to avoid the attack, but one blade hit his shield, forming a visible crack. His eyes widened in fear.

As the battle intensifies, magic and spells intertwine, casting incredible light across the battlefield. The ethereal glow shined with strong energies that no mortal can handle. It is as if the two powerful beings are dancing a deadly duet. Whoever loses will meet the realm of souls.

Each swing of the Lunar Celestia's shadow blade clashed into the Casimere's shield. This is what he is afraid of. As the clock ticks, more and more crack form on his shield. A shield crafted by the gods; no mortal could ever destroy this shield. And it looks like the Lunar Celestia could easily penetrate it.

With his agility, he attacked with a swift move. Casimere aimed his sword at his opponent's enchanted core. He successfully hit the red ore, but it was not enough to break the spell. The Lunar Celestia caught his sword on time and striked Casimere with a sharp blade completely destroying his sheild. The sharp structure was so powerful that it punctured Casimere's left leg.

"Ahh!!" He screamed in pain. His body dropped down on the dry Finson river.

"Give up now Casimere!" The Lunar Celestia shouted as he prepares to use the great sword of Adakhar that will surely kill Casimere.

"No...." He said in a voice barely above a whisper.

The remaining water of the river mixed with his warm blood. He had no energy left, but hope is still injected in his heart. With each labored breath, Casimere gazed upon the dark sky, imagining the life before the fulfillment of the prophecy. A single tear ran down on his cheek.

"I–I..." Casimere's hand trembles while looking around. What once was a peaceful place turned into a disastrous battle field full of ash; A gray ambience.

Wounds filled his body. In each breath, his strength slowly fades away. More tears began to crawl out of his eyes. It was not the scar left by the battle that hurt him, but the scar in his heart because he failed as a warrior.

With his last energy, Casimere bravely uttered the words "I would rather sacrifice my life fighting against the evil that the prophecy has brought to humanity, rather than meeting death as my fate."

"You cannot undo your fate." The Lunar Celestia grinned as he aimed his magic towards Casimere's heart.

In a voice weathered by defeat, Casimere closed his eyes and spoke his final words.

"Take care–"

"Take care of Amori..."