14.

Fourteen

Harry Styles

For the first time in a week, I slept alone last night. Slept is a term I'd use loosely, though. The reality of it was I barely slept at all. How could I, knowing the love of my life was in the next room over probably plotting my execution. Not that I would be undeserving of it. I haven't spent the night with another woman in 10 years. I was completely fine with that. But now that I've spent every night for the past week wrapped up with Emery, it physically hurt not having her in my arms.

Emery hates me, no doubt. After the events of yesterday she refused to talk to me. She wouldn't let me explain, she wouldn't even look at me. Emery avoided me at all costs. Despite my best efforts and Luna's pleas for me, Emery treated me as if I had the plague. As soon as I entered the room she was making a mad dash out the door. 

I was used to people avoiding me, avoiding my gaze, avoiding my wrath. But never Emery. I wasn't used to Emery avoiding me.

Emery had walked in on Delaney kissing me. That's the truth. Delaney kissed me.

I replayed the moment in my head over and over again, but not because I wanted to think about Delaney and her lips on mine. All I could think about was what Emery had seen, what she had felt. I had hurt her. Regardless of whose fault it was, I had caused her pain, and I despised myself for it.

Delaney's eyes were red and puffy, still recovering from crying just a few minutes ago. I was ridding myself of all the flour that clung to my body when I heard sobs outside of the bathroom. It was coming from Delaney's room.

I know I shouldn't have gone in, I know I should've minded my own damn business but a few days ago when Delaney was in the living room and I asked her if everything was okay she looked so broken.

Apparently, after Johnny proposed he came clean to her that he had cheated on her one drunken night a few months back. He claims he didn't feel right marrying her without her knowing the whole truth. How noble.

When I heard her crying in her room, I knew it probably had something to do with Johnny. Despite the shit she put me through, I didn't want her to be alone in this.

"He proposed to me out of guilt." Delaney whispered, her eyes searched mine trying to find any sort comfort in me. Not that I had much to give."I can't marry him, right? After he cheated on me?"

I had to stop myself from scoffing and rolling my eyes at her comment. The irony in all of this.

I sighed. Even though Delaney cheated on me, that doesn't mean it should've happened to her. Nobody should ever have to go through that kind of pain. Although, I don't feel bad for saying karma is a bitch.

"You don't deserve to be cheated on." I said truthfully. "Nobody does."

"My relationship with Johnny had always been complicated. I guess I don't have to tell you that." She huffed, wrapping her arms around herself. "It's been years of on and off inconsistency. I mean can I really even be mad at him for hooking up with that girl? God, things between you and I were never like this. Life with you was so simple." She sighed, running her hand through her hair.

I stared at her in slight disbelief that the words were even coming out of her mouth. Was she hearing anything she was saying?

"Harry. Tell me you don't feel the same way." Delaney pouted at me, begging me to see what she was hoping for.