~Prologue~

A/n: Sorry this took so long to get out, though this is a new and rewritten version of the prologue. I felt like I should actually fix her backstory because the original one basically felt like to me that it was just a copy of Yoriichi's with a few differences. And while this one still takes inspiration from it, and still has similarities, I changed some things. The storyline will still go the same way as it did though, with changes to it.

Her backstory will still be shown throughout other chapters, but for now, we'll only be seeing a glimpse of it.

~~~~|~~~~|~~~~|~~~~|~~~~|~~~~

Kuzunoha Ryoka. 

 She is an individual whose existence is a taboo to humans. But although she's a full demon, she was also not accepted by the demons, especially Muzan, not that she cared about that, because why side with the same monster who caused her adoptive father's death? Why side with the same monster that caused suffering to humans? 

 She loathed Kibutsuji Muzan, and wishes for the demon progenitor to be dead. 

 She had already failed twice to kill him. But as they say, "third time's a charm". 

 And she wasn't gonna pass up the chance this time, she will make sure that Muzan is dead... 

 With the help of some people from the demon slayer corps that is...

But of course... We can't leave this chapter without getting a glimpse of her past first, right? 

~~~~|~~~~|~~~~|~~~~|~~~~|~~~~

Ryoka's POV

"Why don't they accept me?"

That was a question I had asked myself one time when J was really young.

And it wasn't a question that was left unanswered to me. I was given many answers throughout my life.

Throughout my childhood, I noticed how people would look at my face and wondered how I was even related to my family in the first place when I looked different. Instead of having either of my parents' hair color, which were black and dark brown, I had white, and I didn't have the same eye color as them either.

It wasn't exactly the same case for my older twin brother, Kaisei, although he inherited the black hair from our father, he also had the same eye color as me. Still, they favored him over me, because he was, as they say, the stronger one, while I was the weaker one.

I didn't exactly cry when our mother gave birth to me, which immediately led them to believe I was weak, but they still kept me alive anyways. Yet it was because of it that my parents and other relatives didn't treat me well, they only treated me as some sort of maid that they could just order around whenever I was with them. 

Although, three people were an exception to that...

Well, four of them actually, but the three people were a relative of mine. 

"Dear, take a break. And Ryoka, I know you'd like to be an onna-musha, but you need to eat first. You can't train with an empty stomach."