5 - Thinly Veiled Lies: Bella

Blood.

Crimson, staining, oozing, dripping.

The edges of each drop curving skywards.

On a woman's face.

Metal against metal.

Pain.

Hurting. Others.

Haze on edge of horizon. Smoke. Screams.

Survive. Dead. Help. Dead.

Blood.

Something was wrong. Something was very wrong. But Bella couldn't exactly pinpoint what was wrong. The shadows at the edges of crept forward, reaching towards her. Their dark fingers extended, moving, searching. Who was controlling them? Her eyes moved over every crevice. They were coming for her, she knew it.

Luna. Was Luna okay? Luna's eyes were as bright as the moon. The moon filled them, briming over and dropping on the ground. Moon over a battlefield, ponds of mud reflecting the light. Drops of moonlight in mazes of red.

Bella released Luna's hands, dropping them. Bella's hands were red. No they weren't.

The stone rings took her hands and dragged them back. The stone was polished smooth. But the marks. They were there. They ruined it. She needed to erase them, to undo the deaths.

Blood dripping down their forehead. At some point, the tears met it, pushing the waves of crimson to the borders of the streaks.

"Come back to me," Luna whispered. It was too hard. To meet her eyes.

Luna grabbed her quivering hands.