Chapter One: The second lead goes on a vacation

ANTONIETTE'S POV

Ugh, remind me again on why did I even agree to this kind of lifestyle? I mean, I was happy in the province when all of the sudden, my workaholic father ask me to go back to the city to take in charge of his company. All because he will have to do something outside the country? Oh, I doubt it. I'm sure he'll just go have fun with his friends. Geez! Can't he act his age? He's already 45 years old for crying out loud!

"Come on, daughter. Don't be such a nagger. Your old man is just going to have fun." He said while grinning at me. See? He admits it.

"I knew it, daddy! You're just going to have fun with your friends again. Don't they have something to do?" I said to him.

"There is.." He said and I just raised my brow at him. They do, yet what are they doing, thinking of having fun and all.

"That is to have fun with your daddy. HAHAHAHA." He laughed. I just face-palmed at him.  My daddy is crazy. I just shook my head and snatched my suitcase from him then started walking away. I could still hear his loud laugh while catching up with me.

"It's just for a year,Sweetheart. After that, you're free to go back to the province and be with your friends,whatsoever." He plead while still walking along side me at the airport.

"A year is all,okay? I will not accept any compensation after." I warned him before entering the car.

"Yes! Thank you so much my daughter. Your uncle nick will be delighted to hear it." He said then cover his mouth. Uncle nick? Wait, I thought he'll be with his friends? Why bring up uncle nick? Hmm..

"Daddy..." I glared at him and he gulped. I knew it.

"You're going to gamble again aren't you? Didn't we talk about this last week? We compromised,daddy! You said and I qouted "I will not gamble again, for the sake of my beautiful daughter." Then what's this?" I said while massaging my head. I have a very hard headed father, and I'll end up an old woman at the age of 22.

"I promise we won't gamble, sweetheart. Your uncle nick and I will just have to take our vacation in mildives. It's what our doctor's suggestions." He said. Really? Mildives? How come I'm not going? Unfair.

"Done! But if I found out that you and uncle nick are gambling there, I will fetch your asses up and take you back home myself, understand?" I said and he nodded in return.

When we arrived at the mansion. Henrietta, the old maid at our house welcomed me, along with 5 more maids lining up infront of our estate.

"WELCOME BACK,MY LADY." They all said. I just gave them a tired smile before entering the house.  Once I went up to my bedroom, I immediately jumped on my bed and groan loudly.

"Ugh, What a tiring day." I said while still laying.

I looked around my room and it's still the same. It's as if I never left before. It's been 6 years already, how I miss my friends here. I wonder if some of them are still residing here. I sat back up before strolling around, and there, I saw my old bookshelves, my study table, and my walk in closet. It's still reserved and never been touched since I left.

"In fairness, they haven't thrown away my old stuffs." I said. And before I could walk outside the balcony, I heard a knock on my door.

"What is it?" I asked.

"My lady, your father asked you to come in his office." The maid said. Seriously? What does he want this time?

"Tell him, I'm coming." I replied before going out.