Chapter Four: This Jerk

Antoniette's POV

'I can't believe I had a meet up with that jerk so early in the morning. For Pete's sake, it was just 8:00am in the morning, why would be call me this early. And where the hell did he get my number?!' I thought while brushing my teeth.

"Oh, you're up. Going somewhere?" Dad asked me when he saw me walking down the stairs.

"I'm going to meet that jerk." I replied causing him to be confused.

"Jerk who?" He asked.

'That jerk who ruined my morning.' I thought. I wanted to say that but then again, daddy will be furious at me.

"I mean, Mr. Saavedra, daddy. " I replied.

"Oh? So he called you?" He asked getting my attention. Aha, so I finally caught the culprit who gave away my privacy.

"So it was you who gave my number,daddy. Do you know what I put up with him? I had to sleep late because he wanted me to check a few documents and I had to wake up early because he said he wanted to take a look at it!" I angrily said.

"That's part of his teaching, my princess. Listen to him, he knows what to do." He chuckled and I heaved a deep breath before storming outside.

He said he wanted to meet in a certain cafe shop so I gave the gps to my driver since I'm not in the mood to drive. When the car stopped, I got out in a familiar place.

"Eh? This is the dessert cafe that Gail and I went to." I commented. Then I remembered what Gail said. He always saw Andrias here so it's his favorite cafe. No wonder.

"You're here." He greeted me before pulling a chair for me to sit on. Okay, he's a gentleman, I give you that.

"Thanks." I replied.

"Do you mind? I went and order for us." He said and I just nodded.

'I'm not here to have a date with him, I'm here for the documents.'

  ----------------------------------------------------

It's what I said, but why am I sitting here comfortably while laughing with this man infront of me? It's after he ordered the same order I got when we first visited here. I felt comfortable with him when he opened up that he saw me looking at the paintings. So he does remember me.

"Well, you looked like you're interested in artworks since you're looking at it with admiration." He said.

"The paintings are really pretty,okay? I have a knack for caricature and scribbles since I myself, can't paint." I commented making him laugh.

"No way! I thought you paint,too. Given the fact that you have a keen eyes for pretty artworks." He said and I pouted.

"Who painted them anyways? I wanted to know how did they displayed it here knowing it wouldn't even get recognized." I asked.

"I don't know,either. It was here since I woke up from coma. They said a certain someone painted it and I displayed it." He said making me confused.

"You displayed it?" I asked confusedly.

"Oh, I didn't tell you? I'm the owner of this cafe." He said and I dazed for a moment trying to understand what he just said.

"I'm sorry, I thought you noticed already." He commented.

"N-no, its okay. It's not your fault I'm slow witted." I gave an awkward laugh.