Chapter two-Bummer Summer or?

It was FINALLY 6th period and the after noon announcements were turned on.  I had totally forgot that they are announcing the winners now. I know I am not going to win, but I do want to find out who does.

This time, there was a new anchor speaking:

Hello students, these are your afternoon announcements! Can you believe it?! Only 15 more minutes till' summer! School is almost over! Moving on, it is finally time to announce the 2014 Summer Contest winners! The winners are...

Katrina Alender!

I didn't know who she was but I clapped along with the class anyway.

Meghan Towers!

The whole class was surprised. They started clapping and whistling- Except me of course- because they ALL new who Meghan was, obviously.

What. Ever. Good for her. I don't even care.

and.... Last but not least....

Everybody's eyes widened looking at the tv screen, waiting for the kid to finally say who won.

Emma Gonzalez!

What!? I won?

The whole class stared at me surprised. Some people were dissapointed to find out they didn't win but most of my classmates congratulated me anyways.

I can't believe this. I won! I can't wait to tell my mom!

"Congratulations Ms. Emma, I think you have to go to the main office to collect your award." said Mr. Wilson said

I got up, still in shock, and headed to the office. On my way there, I realized that I wasn't the only one who won. Meghan did too! Oh no. Does this mean I have to spend 2 weeks with her on the same cruise ship?! Ughh no! When I arrived at the office, the office aid congratulated me. Then, I saw Meghan. We exchanged a cold stare.. But once I got my award, I left the office to not have to deal with Meghan anymore.  Then, I got a text from Azura.

OMG! Congrats!  I saw the announcements. See, I told you any of us had a chance to win. Hope proved you wrong.

I smiled once I read the message. Then, I replied.

Haha thx! And I know, I know. You were right, I guess...

Meet me at my house tomorrow so you can help me pack. Oh, and I also have to tell you something (tomorrow). Bye gtg to class.

K cool! Bye.she replied

I put my phone in my pocket and got to class! 10 minutes later, the bell rang! YAY! It is FINALLY summer! I left class in a hurry so I wouldn't  get caught in hallway traffic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once I got home, I dropped my book bag beside the door and headed upstairs. Nobody was home because Jacob gets out of school later than me and has soccer after school. Emily has cheer leading on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Sarah has a daycare after school. And my Mom is at work. Everybody gets home at around 6:30 PM; and right now it is 3:30. 

So I decided to call my mom to tell her the BIG news.

"hello?"

"Hi Mom!"

"Hi sweet heart! How did it go at school!? Are you happy that it is summer or are you going to miss your friends?"

I felt like I was being interrogated.

"Yeah it was fine. But I have to tell you something important"

"What is it Honey?"

"I... won a contest at school!"

"Really?! That is amazing! Tell me all the details when I get home, okay?"

"Yes, I will" I told her beaming

"Bye honey and remember to lock the doors. I will see you around six. Be safe"

My Mom hung up. After 5 minutes, I noticed that I was super bored so I decided to go take a nap upstairs till' my family gets home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Shhh! She is sleeping." said Mom "Sarah! No! Don't write on her face with that marker!"

I immediately woke up when I heard those words.

Don't write on her face with that marker!

I checked my face on my phone's camera. Then I realized, it was too late. My face was covered in black and brown marker ink.

"SARAH!!!!" I shouted irritated

Jacob and Sarah laughed at me from my doorway when they realized I had woken up.

"Ughhhhh! Get out of my room" I cried

Then I slammed the door as they left my room. Then, I went to wash my face. There were some marks left that I couldn't get out of my face, but I suppose they would get out EVENTUALLY.

I went downstairs and told my mom all about the contest and the cruise that I would get to go on! And that I could bring 2 extra people with me! Obviously one of them being my mom. The other person I wanted to bring with me was Azura of course! That's why I invited her to my house tomorrow, to ask her if she wanted one of my extra tickets. Mom said that while she and I are on the cruise ship, Grandma would take care of the Sarah, Emily, and Jacob at home. 

All day long, I couldn't stop thinking about summer, and 8th grade next year, and Meghan, and the contest, and Azura, and everything else I forgot to mention! I can't wait till' tomorrow! When I see Azura's look on her face once she finds out I want her to come with me to the cruise . Aghhhh! I am so happy and excited and thrilled and content! Did I mention that I am very happy?

I can't stop thinking about all the fun I will have but I also can't stop thinking about all the drama there might be either. I will not let Meghan ruin this trip for me... Or anybody else for that matter! This is going to be THE BEST SUMMER EVER! I am going to spend time with both my mom and my best friend. What more could I ask for?