XL

"Take all of the palace's servants if you must but move every last item of Noor's into my chambers as she sleeps. I will carry her over to my bed when you guys are done. We don't have much time. I've described my chambers to her in great detail in the past so when she wakes up, she will be looking for the indoor pool, and the eagle crest pedestal." Prem informed Charno.

"It will be done, Chief." Charno nodded, taking off at once. Servants frenzied in and out of Noor's chamber carrying her items over to Prem's royal bedroom.

Prem took a seat next to Noor again. He hadn't moved all evening except to direct Sevak and Hakam to issue a high alert order to the members of the place. Everyone from the family members and the nobles present to the smallest level of servants were to be warned. No one was to say a word of the Queen's condition outside. The public was to remain unaware of their Queen's memory loss and volatile health to prevent instability in the Kingdom. Until she was fully recovered, all royal matters were to be brought to Noor's father and Sevak, while Prem would take care of anything urgent or pressing.

Prem struggled to understand how he would manage all that the coming days would throw at him. To prevent Noor from going further into a shock, he and the family had let her think she was happily married to him and lived in Kurral with their child. In theory, it was to help her recover fast. The physician said he had seen the memory come back as soon as the next day in similar cases or at worst, a few weeks later. In practice, living in the same chambers with Noor was going to be very challenging for Prem.

On one hand, getting to live as her husband as if they were married for five years was nothing short of his sweetest, dearest fantasy. On the other hand, he wondered how he would ever be able to keep his distance from her when she was at his fingertips at all times? How would he deny her inevitable sexual advances when he wants it as desperately as her? Just because she was in a different mind space now did not mean he had permission to cross the boundaries she had otherwise set for him. He was determined to uphold and honor her whim of not giving him access to herself until she was in the correct mindset and ready to willingly give in. Only, he did not know how he would pull it off.

Heavily intoxicated by the potions prescribed by the physician, Noor slept throughout the night and part of the morning the next day. Prem managed to get some sleep during the night but stayed up next to her staring insistently at her face for the most part. He was forced to leave for duty mid-morning, shortly after which, Noor finally did wake up. She was received by a smiling Charno who helped her wash up and served her breakfast. As Noor ate in Prem's chambers, the rest of the palace was informed of her having woken up. Cutting his meeting half-way, Prem rushed over to Noor as soon as the news reached his ears.

He arrived in his chambers to see his elegant Noor sitting across the exquisite mirror they set up overnight for her. His original mirror was not half as grand and sat much less pronounced next to his wardrobe. They quickly decided the new mirror would need to be the focal point of the room if the Queen was to use it in getting dressed and adorned. Still in her robe, she was in the process of getting ready for the day. Her maids stepped back when they saw the Chief enter. Noor eyed him making his way over to her through the mirror. Grateful to see her improved condition, Prem weaved himself around her chair and knelt down before her.

Taking her hands into his own, he kissed them with immense affection through closed eyes and praying lips. "My Queen..." his lips instinctively whispered, taking him by surprise. He hadn't called her that once in the entire month and half she had been around. And now when she did not know she was the Queen, it was what his mind insisted on referring to her as. "How are you feeling?"

Noticing him try his hardest to conceal his terrified state of mind behind an even voice and a calm posture, Noor's heart fluttered. Her lips smiled. "I'm good, Your Majesty..." She replied softly.