4

The next day I called Jacob to see if he wanted to get lunch with me, but he didn't pick up the phone. He went to see a movie called "Face Punch" with Bella and her friend from school last night so maybe they were hanging out again. I sent him a message to call me back when he was free. Even if he couldn't physically hang out, Jacob was a good listener and I was still sad about the whole Embry situation.

I ended up having a picnic with Leah at La Push Beach, but it got cut short due to rain, what a surprise in the pacific northwest.

"How's everything with Embry going?" Leah asked as we walked back to my truck.

"There's nothing going on. I stopped calling him a little while ago since he hasn't picked up any of my calls or responded to my messages." I said with a hint of sadness in my voice. I was hoping she wouldn't notice. I decided to stop calling, if he couldn't even pick up the phone and wanted to throw our years of friendship out the window, then fine. At least I tried. If he wanted to talk he could come to me. When we got in my truck she leaned over and hugged me.

"I'm sorry, Lauren," she said sympathetically, "have you asked Jacob if he knows anything?" I nodded and explained how he hadn't heard from Embry either, but that he saw him hanging out with Sam and his cronies. Leah rolled her eyes and shook her head. I realized too late I  shouldn't have brought up Sam because she launched into another rant about Sam.