✰ 𝑭𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒏 𝑷𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒔

"Diana, listen to me. You aren't going to go anywhere without my supervision."
"And why should I listen to you, Hera?"
"Diana, I am your older sister! You listen to me! " Hera argued.
"I don't care about your stupid rules, Hera!" Diana shouted.
"Fine! If you want to go so bad, then leave! Never come back!" Hera angrily shouted.

Diana walked out, slamming the door behind her. She sobbed in the rain, running to a back alleyway. As usual, it was abandoned. She fell down on her knees and stared blankly at her surroundings, tears streaming down her face. She was like that for a few minutes, or was it hours? Diana couldn't tell. Rules are stupid, she thought. Her self-reflection was interrupted when something that sounded like a gunshot fired in the distance. She turned her head immediately to the place where the sound was coming from. Diana decided to follow the noise, warily looking around. She then found that the sound was coming from...

A portal?

Diana stared at it for a minute, crouched down, picked up a rock and tentatively threw it at the portal. The portal sucked it up instantly. After that, a loud sort of rumbling was heard. It was coming directly from the portal. The portal grew bigger, and Diana slowly walked back, fear in her eyes. She wanted to fight back, but it's a portal. There's no way I can beat that thing, she thought. Suddenly, the portal roared and grew tenfold. Diana was frozen, mouth agape. The only thought in her head was, "Is this my chance to get a new future? Without my family?" She turned back to the sliver of light that was her house and nodded slightly. She was then ready to accept her new life-or maybe death. She didn't know, but anything is better than living with her insufferable sister, she thought. She cautiously stepped into the portal. Instantly, gravity gave up on her and it felt like she was floating in space. There was no sound, no light, no... anything. "This is sensory deprivation, isn't it?" Diana thought she said. After a few minutes, she felt gravity come back in place. She fell on the ground. Opening her eyes slowly, she observed her surroundings.

She faintly saw a girl, staring at her. She mustered up the words: "Who am I?" The girl said, "Oh dear. It looks like the portal did its thing." Her voice was oddly robotic. From what she could make out, this robot had quite the slim body, white hair with blue highlights, and a lot of oil marks all over. "I will take you to the Welfare Center," she said. "I am Beta." Beta picked the girl up, and lulled her to sleep.

"Oh no. Severe case of memory loss, Beta?"
"According to my database, signs of memory loss include asking the same questions over and over again; getting lost in places a person knows well;
having trouble following recipes or directions; becoming more confused about time, people, and places."
"Yes, thank you, Beta."

"Damn it, where is that girl?"

Hera opens her phone to text her sister.

sent 8:41 PM

"btch where are you??"

"ANSWER ME."

sent 9:45 PM.

"MUM WONT GEG HALPT IF YKU DONT ANSERF."

sent 9:50 PM.

"ugh."