1

A cool wind hit my face when I woke up from the morning sun, patches of sunlight appearing on the floorboards. I opened his eyes and noticed the window was open, the breeze making my long hair drift over my face. "Probably Kairi again" I said to himself. I rolled out of bed, grabbing my night gown from the coat hanger, made out of polished wool. "that's right...today's the day" I walked over to close the window and take another look around my room. It wasn't much. A few swords from the Smith in town, a bow on the other side, and a few different pieces of art that my mother made before she passed away. I shook my head and got ready to go to the farm. I wore a leather vest and a black undershirt, along with pants made out of fabric colored navy blue. I looked in the mirror, starting my daily routine.

After I finished my routine I stared out my window. My sister called from downstairs. "Hey, Sakira! You coming?" I jumped for a moment before replying replied "Yes, in a minute!" I grabbed my pack and walked downstairs. I walked over to the fridge and opened it. I saw the cake a friend made for Kairi's birthday. It had home made candles from another friend on them with the number four-teen on it. "You going to Oamridge again?" She asked. I nodded and shut the fridge with a sigh. "Pretty much my job ever since I was eight. According to Terrice." "Kairi is smart enough to know about this kind of stuff. Probably more then what people in town think." "And after this...we're doing the plan?" she asked. I stayed silent for a few moments while staring into space. "That's right...I told her about Jin...and Dad." Kairi waved her hand in front of me and giggled. "Hey, don't worry okay?" I noticed a bit of worry in her voice. I gave her a reassuring smile "Ha...easy for you to say shrimp" I smiled and ruffled my sisters hair. A beam of the sun hit the porcelain glass making it difficult to see the time. "you still have that sun dial?" Kairi asked. I nod. "of course, a traveler gave it to me."

Once Kairi finished making breakfast I inhaled it unintentionally. Kairi giggled in amusement. I got up and hugged my sister before I walked over to the door. "Don't forget to do your schoolwork." Kairi sighed. "I'll get it done." And I headed out to the farm. On the way there I went into the forest. I waved as I say one of my friends, Flynn. "So, were still doing the plan?" I nodded and walked toward the forest. I mumbled in his ear "We shouldn't talk about it while we're in town. It'll get the Magic Hunters on us." Flynn sighed with frustration. "Ugh...I hate those guys.." he took a moment to reflect his resentment. He blurted out "are you sure Kairi will be okay? Alone I mean" I nod. "If anything, the wards will get them lost if they found where we lived." "Besides- they already burnt the old one down a few years ago. There's no way I'd let them do that again." Flynn nodded, and started to walk away. "Don't forget to meet me and the others at Virge Tower!" I nod and smile while waving to him "I wont!"

As I arrived at the farm the owner stared over to him. "About time you showed up, Masera" he said with a growl. He was as fat as his pigs, stomach bulged out making it difficult for the fabric to hold the belt buckles hung on the sides. I don't say anything in response and immediately got to work. Since it was the spring, I had to harvest the fruits, wheat and potatoes, then milk the cows and collect the eggs from the chickens. Finally I had to shear the sheep. At the very least, they didn't struggle when I did it. Though the constant noise made his head spin. Once I was finished I could go home for the day. I walk up to Terrice's porch. "Hey, just got done everything." Terrice got up from his chair. He stared me down. I stared back with the same intensity. He huffed. "Good job." He leaned in close to my ear so the other farm hands couldn't hear. "I'm watching you, Sakira." It made my skin crawl. "No. He's just trying to scare me" "Your dismissed."

When I finished my work, I walked to Virge Tower. I saw Fynn and waved to him. "Where's Yaru and Jen?" Flynn gave a shrug. "Dunno. They haven't arrived yet." I took a moment to look at the fountain. "Hey Flynn? What's the story of this fountain again?" Flynn blinked slowly but his eyes sparkled out of interest to talk about one of his favorite structures. "Well, the infrastructure around the fountain was interesting for me to study in order to pass the time. At the top of it is the hero of the Village when he was at his prime. The man is holding a Katana that he obtained from a Samurai that he killed." I nod with interest. After a few minutes I clear my throat. "Well since not everyone is-" he noticed Yaru and Jen running up. "Sorry were late!" Yaru said with a smile. He hugged me and gave me a peck on the cheek. It made my face go red. "Yaru...we can't really do that in public." I looked around and started to sweat feeling embarrassed. At the same time I couldn't help but smile and continue my speech. "Anyway, as you all know today is the day that we start our journey. If we do it here in Vill Edge, we will get killed for it. The magic of Fire, Water, Life, Wind, Light and Dark are protected by us, the guardians of the elements. The Magic Hunters shall...well hunt us and kill us. In the end, we must find the gate to the Spirit Realm and start a new settlement." I sighed as he finished his speech clap. "So we will get our things together, and start our travel at dawn." My friends nodded and departed.

At the end of the meeting I traveled home. "Kairi! I'm home!" I said as I opened the door. No response. I walked in the kitchen doorway but she wasn't there. "Kairi?" I walked upstairs and opened the door to her room. It was similar to his only smaller and having a set of hand made stuffed animals. "Kairi!?" My chest started to close up, heart started to race. I looked at a table and noticed parchment on top of the cloth. "As the leader of the Magic Hunters, I Terrice Fairbringer have taken your sister into custody for witchcraft. She has been taken to the dungeon and will be tried tomorrow."

I moved one of the kitchen chairs toward me so I could sit down. My vision started to show black spots. I jumped as he heard a knock at the door. I took a deep breath and sat where I was. After a minute I got up and opened the door. It was Yaru. Once he saw my face it went from a smile to instant concern. "Sakira? Are you okay?" I showed the note to him. He nodded and gave me a small hug. "we need to have a meeting." he muttered. I nodded and looked at Yaru. "Yea. Them taking my sister-" I looked down. My fists clenched until my knuckles were white.