sixty nine (nice)

"check this out. the war zone." eddie slams the phone book down on the table and we all gather around him to see. "i've been there once. it's huge. they got everything you need for, uh...well, killing things, basically."

"you think fake rambo has enough guns there?" robin asks, making fun of the man in the ad. "is that grenade? i mean, how is any of this legal?"

"well, lucky for us it is, so..." eddie smiles, pointing at the ad in the book. "this place is just far enough outside of hawkins. as long as we steer clear of the main roads, we oughta be able to avoid cops and, uh, angry hicks."

"if we're trying to avoid angry hicks, maybe we shouldn't go to some store called the war zone." i chuckle.

"normally, i'd agree, but we need the weapons, so," nancy sighs. "i think it's worth the risk."

"me too." lucas nods.

"yeah, but is it worth the time? it'll take all day to bike there and back." dustin shakes his head.

"who said anything about bikes?" eddie turns to him.

"you got some car we don't know about?" i ask him.

eddie stands up straight, "it's not exactly a car, y/n. and it's not exactly mine. but, uh...it'll do."

he turns around, looking over at max. "hey, red, you got a ski mask or a bandanna? anything like that?"

max looks down, thinking. she shrugs before turning and walking out the door.

i walk over to the window, watching as max jogs across the dirt road and into her trailer. she comes out a few seconds later, a michael myers mask in her hand.

"here." she says, handing the mask over to eddie once she's back.

"are you serious?" eddie says, unamused. he takes the mask, putting it on. the neck part was too big on him. "this'll do."

he grabs his bag from the table before walking out the back door. i quickly follow behind him, unaware that we were leaving so fast.

we follow him around the trailer and down to a different trailer about two doors down. a couple sat outside of it, sitting in shitty lawn chairs and watching tv.

eddie runs around to the opposite side, feeling around on the windows and trying to find an open one. he runs around to the back one, sliding it open.

he tosses his bag inside before hopping up and pulling himself inside.

"you gotta be shitting me." i mumble before walking up to it.

i thank steve as he holds his hands out, lifting me up and into the rv. i land on the small couch and quickly roll off of it, picking myself up.

i look up and see eddie trying to hot-wire the van. steve jumps in behind me and he wastes no second getting up fast and walking up to the front with eddie.

"where'd you learn how to do this?" he asks.

"well, when the other dads were teaching their kids how to fish or play ball, my old man was teaching me how to hot-wire." he says, not looking up from what he was doing. "now, i swore to myself i wouldn't wind up like he did, but now i'm wanted for murder, and soon, grand theft auto."

"really living up to that munson name." i laugh, joining them up front.

eddie glances up at me, flashing me a quick smile before going back to what he was doing.

"eddie, i'm not sure i love the idea of you driving." robin says, peeping over my shoulder.

"oh, i'm just starting this sucker. harrington's got her." eddie leans his face up really close to steve's, "don't ya, big boy?"