five

"here

"here." el says as we arrive at will's house.

"yeah, this is where will lives." mike nods.

"hiding."

"no, no. this is where he lives." mike says. "he's missing from here. understand?"

lucas, dustin, and i catch up to them and let go of our bikes, letting them fall.

"what are we doing here?" lucas asks.

"she said he's hiding here." mike answers.

"um, no!" lucas says.

"i swear, if we walked all the way out here for nothing-" i start, but lucas interrupts me.

"that's exactly what we did!" he turns to mike. "i told you she didn't know what the hell she was talking about!"

"why did you bring us here?" mike asks, turning to eleven.

she stammers.

"don't waste your time with her." lucas crosses his arms.

"what do you want to do then?" mike asks.

"call the cops, like we should've done yesterday." lucas says.

"we are not calling the cops!" mike throws his hands up in the air.

the boys continue bickering but dustin and i hear ambulance sirens in the distance.

"guys!" dustin yells.

everyone turns to the road and sees ambulances heading towards the quarry.

"will." mike says.

there were ambulances, fire trucks, and police cars. we grab our bikes quickly and follow them.

once we got there, we hid behind a big fire truck, watching what was happening.

a body was being lifted out of the lake. it looked like will. it was wearing the same thing will was wearing the night he went missing, but...i couldn't believe it.

"it's not will. it can't be." i say.

"it's will. it's really will." lucas says.

mike, eleven, and dustin start to back away but lucas and i continue watching.

"mike..." i hear eleven say.

"mike? mike, what?" mike swats her hand off of his shoulder. "you were supposed to help us find him alive. you said he was alive! why did you lie to us? what's wrong with you? what is wrong with you?!"

"mike..." eleven says again, even softer this time. she was about to cry.

"what?" mike says but she doesn't answer. he lifts his eyebrows as if awaiting her answer, but she just stares at him.