2.

"Who's the hottie over there?"

Chaewon fought the creeping blush on her cheeks by adjusting her heavy bag over her shoulder. Why was she blushing for, anyway? Get a fucking grip. When her inner commotion calmed down one second later, she sent Karina a warning look that she conveniently ignored.

"Well," she started, bracing herself for her friends' reactions, "My mother has officially lost it. So guys, um, that woman over there is my bodyguard. Her name is Yunjin, Huh Yunjin."

Jay's eyes widened, "She actually went that far?"

She rolled her eyes, more at the situation than at him, "As if that was actually shocking."

"I must say," Karina looked at Miss. Huh — Yunjin — over Chaewon's shoulder, "Having a bodyguard sounds pretty dope."

"Are you kidding me?", she frowned, raising her voice a little, but not enough for her to hear her, "Having a woman following you everywhere is everything but dope. And oh, did I mention she also lives with me?"

Karina suppressed a laugh, but Jay actually looked as if he truly felt bad for her, "I'm sorry to hear that, Chaewon," he gave her an apologetic look, "I'm sure you'll get used to it soon."

"In the meantime," Karina smirked, "Why don't you introduce us to Miss. Sexy?"

She resisted the urge to roll her eyes again. With a discrete head gesture, she silently asked Yunjin to walk over to them. Yunjin had exchanged her usual black suit for something more casual — jeans and some old brown jacket. She would've certainly raised some eyebrows if she had walked in her Black Men outfit across campus. But looking at her, no one would suspect a thing. Yunjin essentially looked like a student.

"Hello," Yunjin greeted them politely once she reached Chaewon's side.

Karina looked at her up and down shamelessly, "You don't look like a bodyguard."

Chaewon raised an eyebrow, "She's carrying two guns as we speak."

" Shit ."

Jay extended his hand to her, "It's very nice to meet you, Yunjin," he said equally as politely.

Yunjin's grip on the boy's hand was firm, eyes scanning him attentively, "Likewise."

"My name is Jay," he gave her a small smile, "And this is Karina. "

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," she waved a hand in front of her nonchalantly, "So, where exactly are those guns Chaewon is talking about?", the dark-haired girl asked impatiently, crossing her arms in front of her.

Yunjin smirked, "It wouldn't be fun if I told you."

Chaewon was sure her heart had just stopped. Why the hell was Yunjin being playful? She was actually capable of being teasing, lighthearted? She frowned at her, a silent question in her stare, but she wasn't looking at her.

"Touché," Karina smirked right back.

"Okay, um," Chaewon said awkwardly, turning her body towards Yunjin. She finally looked at her. "I have to go to class."

"Alright."

But Yunjin didn't move.

"Are you... Where are you going to go in the meantime, then?"

Yunjin raised a confused eyebrow, "I'm going with you."

Her pulse accelerated, "To class ?"

She nodded, and she immediately felt Karina's chuckle beside them, "This is about to get so much more interesting."