6

The drive back to Seoul the following morning felt different.

Chaewon expected Yunjin to be open to conversation, to seek some clarity about the situation they now found themselves in. But none of that happened.

Yunjin got into the car silently, her face features reflecting her usual professionalism. The raven-haired thought it may have just been a facade, since her mother had insisted on walking them to the car, but nothing further from reality. Once they hit the road, Yunjin still didn't say a thing. And for some reason, she sensed that her words weren't welcomed either.

It had been just a kiss. A small touch of lips. It hadn't been heated or anything, so perhaps she was just trying to forget it had even happened at all. Chaewon thought she should probably be doing that, too.

If her mother found out, Yunjin would be done for. She would send word to Beom, and she would be forced to drop her entire career, what she had sacrificed so much for. And only because of a stupid, meaningless kiss.

Chaewon wasn't going to say anything about it, though, and by the looks of it, it seemed that the blonde-haired was going to stay quiet as well.

It felt as if Yunjin's door was open, but she couldn't walk through it. Her touch was so close, yet so far away. An entire world of possibilities that had now vanished completely. Chaewon wanted to run towards her, yet stay away. She wanted to be strong and nonchalant about all of it, but she couldn't be. She felt drawn in and that made her want to pull back. Her idea of a world without her was colder, but she could get accustomed to it. She wished Yunjin would just come to her, even if it was for the very last time.

Now that the raven-haired knew what being with her felt like, one taste wasn't enough.

Yunjin's grip tightened on the wheel. She was pushing her limits, trying to feel the soreness of her hand again so she could ignore the heaviness of her heart. The need to love her and stay away seemed to go hand in hand, but what happens when your mind is spiraling out of control? What then? What happens when you lose all senses? Coming to her, to be healed by her, knew it would break her. For her to come to Chaewon was forbidden, yet to stay away meant pain.

Their kiss echoed in Yunjin's mind with the power to tear down walls she had built high and deep.

Perhaps she should quit. It would be the most responsible thing to do, right? One doesn't go around kissing their clients and gets to keep their job. The only problem was that there was nobody, not a single soul on that planet, who she trusted to keep Chaewon safe. Yunjin wasn't going to jeopardize her well being because of this, not when realistically nobody but them knew about their...incident. She knew Chaewon wasn't going to say anything, and she sure as hell wasn't planning on opening her mouth, either.

It was still early in the morning when they reached their apartment, and Yunjin desperately needed a distraction. Something, whatever. She couldn't share a space with her now without wanting to talk about it, and doing so would make her want to taste her lips again. And that was absolutely not a possibility.

"I'm going downstairs to the gym," Yunjin told the brunette as soon as she opened the front door. Chaewon looked back at her, but the girl couldn't hold her gaze, "Call me if you need anything."

"Yun—"

"I'll come back in a bit."

And she was gone.

Alright. Yunjin probably just needed some time alone to sort out her emotions. No need to freak out over this.

Only that Chaewon was indeed losing her mind, and she couldn't keep herself together any longer.