Chapter 2: Mind Spunned

Even for such a climb atop of H.E.N.R.I., the Doctor-Commander's head felt as light as the clouds. Nausea had overwhelmed him as he ejected a transparently tangerine expulsion onto the jagged rocks of the mountain. Yet he needed to keep going, there is no mountain high enough for the sake of America to arise from its ashes. If he must confide with barbarians then so be it.

The Mindspin Mountains had lived up to their name.

"Come along now Big Iron, Azaersi is not far enough." Furreed spurred the Doctor-Commander onwards with their four-little cat-tailed paws. The plantain that stood as tall as the very mountain they trekked brushing across its disorienting winds.

"At least I didn't eat much for Breakfast." Izo wiped the spew from his mouth with the cloth of his jacket. Taking another deep inhalation from his lungs that were already being pushed to its very limits.

His breathe ebbed between collapse and rapture as blurred shadows emerged from the rocks. Yet instead of fear or action, Furreed and the other Leshies that accompany his delegative expedition to these Iron Fangs cheered happily.

"Diz'it dem!" Golgar turned to the Doctor-Commander.

"Hail Furreed of the Leshies of Crossfen!" held out the hand one of the shapes who emerge from above them.

Armored Sentinels, plated upon plated their gear rustled amongst their bodies along with fur clothing to combat the barrage of biting frost that besieged their epicene numbers. It was likened to Legions copied over and cloned off clones. The Sentry who hailed the Cat-Tail Leshy paused as it gazed sharply at the Doctor-Commander.

"You have brought a Human to Oprak, Furreed?" the Sentinel asked the Cat-Tail.

"He wishes to speak with Azaersi... of what... you call it... uh... 'Mew-shall Bennet's Fit'." Furreed explained. "I also bring a gift of Fresh Crops, unblighted for your people's nourishment, harvested by the Human himself to show his Good Will!" he added.

"Mutual Benefit." the Sentinel Corrected the Leshy. "Hokrong, check this pink skin's Cargo." He ordered one of his fellows.

Another one of the Sentinels walked towards the cart of fresh produce that Izo had brought with him from Vellumis. Casting another of those eldritch sigils that this world's 'Magic' seem as common yet as queer as the folks he has so far met. For a moment, he submitted himself to this hampering yet necessary security examination. A necessary precaution, but he would love if his wetted boots filled with frozen granite pebbles can get themselves warm on anywhere but outside amidst these Mind spinning Mountains now rather than later.

"Interesting... Golems you have with you. Who is the artificier who made them?" the Sentinel remarked on Izo's

"Myself... I made them myself." Izo spoke in half truth to keep up his façade as 'Secretary Baird'.

"The Cargo pass..." Hokrong approved after finding nothing of suspicion within the contents of the cart. "Fresh... Food... I can almost t-t-tassseee it ..." the Armored Sentinels mind tantalized upon the scent of the fresh cornucopia before him. His hands inched so slightly for just a tidbit of its cargo for himself...

"How dare you!" the Armored Sentinel, with a whip in hand, chastised Hokrong. "All Cargo inbound to Oprak that has passed our inspections are to be let inside unharried!"

Hokrong squealed argutely as he was whipped again and again. It would have pierced the clouds, if the clouds had already pierced the Mindspin Mountains they stood upon its face.

"I will have my more... dutiful soldiers escort you to the Gate. I apologize for my subordinate's lack of discipline. Fare well on what business you have with Azaersi." The commanding Sentinel bid his due to Furreed. "Especially you Human." Their gaze turned to Izo.