ice hockey

Oliver

i moved in a couple days ago and when i got told i was going to have company i wasn't the happiest. i did have 2 days to myself until yesterday the other person moved in. i'm not the best with people. they annoy me and get on my nerves. the only people who i'm nice to are my family and my best friend luke and i'm not really nice to him but he annoys me so he deserves it. i love him to bits we just have a friendship where we bully each other. he gets me and i get him so it works. however we're totally opposite he's nice to others and very loud and likes nearly everyone. i don't like people nor am i sociable and i'm usually quiet.

i decide to go into the kitchen/living room to make some food as i feel quite hungry and as i walk in i notice i'm not alone. a girl was loading a cupboard full of pots and pans. she was so beautiful my gosh. how am i supposed to live with her when she looks that good. her light brown curly hair falls down her back, her eyes are dark blue and truly beautiful. she smiles at me and my heart stops. her smile is the most beautiful thing i've seen apart from her herself. dimples pop out when she smiles which look so cute. how am i supposed to be able to be around her. god i want her to be mine but i know i'm not anywhere near good enough for her. i can't have her.

as soon as she stands up i notice how small she is compared to me she doesn't even reach my chin. she starts to introduce herself and her voice is so soft and gentle it's almost like music to my ears. however i screwed it up all ready i was rude to her. i didn't mean to be it's a habit around people. i go back to what i was doing so she doesn't see the shame and disappointment in my face. she soon walks out of the kitchen and i hear her room door shut. 'this is going to be a long year' i sigh heading back to my room with my food.

a couple hours later after i've gotten out of the shower i hear my phone ringing. i look and see luke's name. 'hey bro! how the dorm had your room mate moved in yet?' his cheery voice rings through my room 'yeah she moved in today' i mumble 'damn don't seem over the moon? she not good looking then?' luke asks and i'll roll my eyes ' she's beautiful' i say before i can stop myself 'wow you've met her once and your already whipped' luke laughs through the phone 'shut up before i come to your dorm and beat you up pussy' i say seriously to luke. luke moved to the same uni and campus but he got put in a different building but it's only a 2 minute walk which i'll never admit but i'm happy about. 'sorry sorry oliver whatcha doing tonight, wanna hang out?' luke says 'sure, come here i cannot be bothered to walk' i tell him ending the phone when i get called a lazy arse.

i put a shirt over my head and put some shorts on when i hear my door open and luke's cheery face walk in  'luke you can't walk in what if ella thinks someone random has just walked into the house' i roll my eyes 'ooo you already know her name. anyways you ready for practice tomorrow?' luke asks. me and luke have played in the same ice hockey team since we were 8 that's how we met and 11 years later we're still moving to different teams together. this  university has an amazing ice hockey team and is well known and often on tv me and luke have always wanted to join and we finally got in. 'yeah i just hope no one else on the team are dickheads. but other than that i'm..' i hear a door opening from down the hall so it must be ella. 'ooo you're little girl crush has just left her room' luke teases i punch him in the stomach and he groans in pain. 'shut up and i don't have a crush on her she's my room mate for god sake' i roll my eyes.

around 11:00 luke says goodbye and leaves since we both have to be at practice for 9:30 in the morning. i go into my room and brush my teeth and then go to bed. the last thing that wonders to my mind before i fall asleep is ella.