Chapter 2 - Al Blackthorn

Al and the president's 20 other bodyguards bowed to him, Al with her jet-black hair and eyes making her look like a robot. Her face was stern without any expression making her look lifeless. The secretary began to tell him his plans for the day as he dozed off. The lazy president woke up at 10:30 while his schedule began at 9. He missed the first appointment, so it was rescheduled for the following day. The rest of the day continued as always.

In Country Metropolis, all the orphans were trained to serve the country and Al was the best in her league. Hence, she got a promotion to the prez squad at a young age. She joined the squad with the hope that she would finally be able to care for her younger sister and serve her beloved country, but only after a few days did reality hit her hard. Due to her strict rules, she had to enroll her sister in a boarding school and was able to meet her once a month under supervision, which was tomorrow. Seeing the politicians, she lost all hope for the country as well.

After the long day, her head hit her pillow and everything around her faded away. She then fell into an endless cycle of nightmares while tossing and turning in bed. The only reason she was able to survive in this labyrinth was because of her sister. She would bet her entire savings that the alarms in the quarters, which woke her up before she could even drift off to sleep, were mostly because of the tantrums thrown by the president or his annoying son, who acted like a teenager despite being older than her and who had this annoying trait of flirting with literally everything that moved. Now, like every time, her money was safe. It was indeed a drunk flirt.

She just returned as she was not getting paid enough to deal with this!!!!!!!!!