Chapter 5 - "Cracks"

(A/N- Btw uhm I have no clue where to go so I'm likely going to focus more on CLSCL bc I wanna add another character and I really wanna make Garbage Bin know something about random teleportion-
Also uh sorry for no warnings I get lazy-)

Warning: Needles, blood, hallucinations

(No one's POV)

While our group of ONE contestants still struggles to find a lead on where Airy or Liam could be, down in lab, things go from bad to worse..

Grey: "Hold still, JESUS FUCKING CHRIST-!!" The needle gets flung to the other side of the room because of Airy's squirming, and it breaks upon contact with the floor. "Shit."
He picked up the shattered pieces of glass, before groaning and walking out of the room and getting another one. Of course, this only happened because of Airy's fear of needles, and the dark liquid scared him.

As Grey walked down the hallway, before he entered the closet, he heard.. voices? Very faintly, but Grey caught a few words before hearing them fade away.
"Airy might be"
He wasn't exactly sure what that meant, so he double checked to see if both the door and the trapdoor locks were secure, before going and getting the replacement of the injection.

(Timeskip an hour)
(Airy's POV)

Everything hurts like hell. My head hurts. My arms- er- arm and a half hurt. My legs hurt. I wish I could leave. But I can't. I'm stuck here with only me and this dried puddle of blood, Grey removed my arm from the floor a few minutes ago. And even worse now that I see the figure is back. FUN.

"You'll never leave."

I know.

"You don't deserve any mercy."

I know.

"Nobody cares about you."

The only difference the figure seems to have is it's now forming into batch 2 contestants, currently Airline Food.

"You deserve this fate."

I look at the cube, solved and fading in color, picking it up. I throw it at the shadow, watching it land on the floor behind the figure, phasing completely through it. As expected.
You aren't real. You can't hurt me.
I think to myself. I look up to see the figure vanish, leaving me alone. I walk up to the window. I can't see anyone inside, but I can see my reflection.. I'm a mess, most of my face is covered in cracks and the hole in my face isn't helping. I see a small hint of blood around my eye, probably from that injection. I step back, looking at my full reflection. I don't look the same. I think back to ONE.. I can't host that anymore, can I? Well, at least I'll be here so I don't have to look at my sorry attempt at a show. I pick up the rubix cube once more, squinting at the window to see if I can see anyone...

Luckily my eye is still useful, considering I can see a single silhouette: Liam.

I step back slightly, holding the rubix cube behind me. I get ready to throw, flinging it against the glass as hard as I can. I see the silhouette shift as I pick up the cube and throw it again, no luck. It seems like Liam leaves, and as soon as he does I begin to repeatedly hit the glass from yo close, eventually causing it to break and form a hole large enough for me to slip out. I enter the room and it's completely empty, besides the axe against the wall and computer on the desk. I exit through the door and begin down the hallway, quick but cautious.

As I near the exit, oddly being nothing in the way, I begin to quicken my pace, freedom quickly entering my mind and blocking out everything else, even the footsteps behind me. Wait, footsteps? That can't be good.. As I begin to look back, a heavy object is swung at me, knocking me down. I hit the ground hard, pain streaming through my body as I tried my best to crawl away. Someone grabs my legs and begins to drag me, grunts escaping from them. Liam? Why is Grey all of a sudden gone during a time like this? Did Liam even tell him? Well of course he did, why wouldn't he?

(A/N: YAY I THREW LOGIC OUT THE WINDOW AGES AGO YIPPEE!!!)

-736 words