The Thousand Year Separation

It was said that When Albions need was greatest that Arthur Pendragon would rise again. So far it had been thousands of years and there was no sign of him returning.

That was until one night when Merlin was awoken from a deep sleep. Sweat was beading at his brow, and he heard the voice of the long, since forgotten Dragon.

The King is here.

Merlin heard the voice as if he were right in front of him. As if he were back in the cave where hed first met The Great Dragon.

Merlin sighed as he ran a hand over his face. Hed sat at his kitchen counter thinking about the voice. Reliving the memories that had been all but forgotten.

That night Merlin planned to search for Arthur. Hed asked some old friends. Quite literally in this sense. Hed felt the return of the knights of the round table.

Hed met Lance and Gwaine again at a Pride festival a few years back. It was right after hed moved into town, and they happened to be neighbors.

They were quick friends though it was a bit hard for Merlin as neither of them remembered their past life yet.

Hed packed his things that night and booked a flight out to Wales. The next morning, he quickly explained to Gwaine and Lance that hed had a family emergency.

They were to watch his apartment until he came back. That had been over five years ago. After six weeks of not finding Arthur, hed had the apartment sold.

Telling Lance and Gwaine that hed need to be in Wales for an indefinite amount of time to help his family.

Hed stayed at the lake right after arriving waiting for Arthur to come up. He couldnt figure out why he hadnt seen Arthur. Surely, he couldnt have missed him.

It had been five years since then. Five years of searching and re-searching every place he could think of.

Hed given up again, maybe he was finally going mad after all this time. Hed kept in contact with Lance and Gwaine along with meeting Percival.

Hed started to think that maybe hed imagined things Or that hed misinterpreted what the voice was saying. He wished the others remembered. It would be so much easier to explain to them theyd be able to help.

It would be easier to be around them and search for their king. Sometimes he thought Gwaine knew with the way he talked. There was a look in his eyes that seemed to scream I know.

Though they were never able to talk about it.

Now Merlin found himself in a little pub in the town hed started to call home. It reminded him of his old village. Though with the benefits of modern-day technology.

He enjoyed it here and for this particular time his friends were all around him. Lance and Gwaine had been able to come out for a couple weeks. There also happened to be an up-and-coming band performing.

The group of four were sitting together at a table in the corner. Merlin was going to wait an hour before he decided to go home.

Hed been having visions over the coming weeks. He could barely tell if it was real half the time anymore.

He was sipping his beer as Gwaine and Lance talked with Percy. The three had formed a close bond as they all talked when Merlin had called them.

Three people hurried onto the stage. A tall man with blonde hair stood at the microphone. His hair reached his shoulders, and he was wearing blue jeans with a t-shirt that had a gryphon on it.

The three men with Merlin looked up at the stage as the rest of the pup seemed to quite down. Merlin stared at his mug wanting this to be over with.

Afternoon, ladies, gents. The man said bowing his head towards them. Were The Knights. And well be playing a handful of songs. I do hope you enjoy them, and well be here for a few days. He said as he looked towards the other two men with him.