nineteen

A small tear rolled down my cheek, but I flicked it away. The papers fell out of my hands and scattered onto the floor.

I stood up and ignored their voices, just walking. I walked silently and ended up at the tower. The guards opened the door, and I saw Mother. Athenadora was talking to Caius and Father, while Mother read a book. I walked over and smiled at her, "Hi, Mom," I said quietly.

She closed her book and stood, hugging me, "Moon!" She pulled back and frowned, "Are you okay? You've been crying." I shook my head, "Brick dust got in my eye when Alec sped past me. How are you doing?" We sat on the couch.

"I'm fine. I've been fine for 1000 years. I want to hear about you. Who's your mate?" I smiled, "Demitri. He's the tracker." 

She waggled her eyebrows, "He's very handsome, don't you think?" I blushed and looked away. She chuckled, "Just teasing, dear. He is very nice." I nodded, "He is, isn't he."

She looked at my hair and sighed, "Let me brush that tangled mess. When was the last time you brushed your hair?" 

"Maybe...half a week ago?" She started brushing it.

"You need to brush it more often. Now, what happened?" I frowned, "What do you mean?"

"I mean, you are my daughter, Moon Stella Volturi. I know when you're upset. So, what is it?" I shook my head, "Nothing. You know, I should go, I need to go eat." I stood and rushed out.

I ran to my room and just as I sat, there was a knock.

Carlisle walked in, "I brought you a computer, Moon, for schoolwork. There are online lessons and work assigned. We'll focus on Literature, History, mathematics, and Science." I nodded, "Could you explain this later, I'm not feeling great." He nodded and walked out.

I sat on the bed and just played with a strand of my hair for about 10 minutes when there was a knock on the door.

"Hi, Demitri," I said quietly. He sped over and put a hand on my cheek, "Are you okay?" He asked. I shook my head, "Of course I am."

He rolled his eyes and crawled onto the bed. He leaned against the headboard and I sat between his legs, with my head leaning on his right shoulder.

"We read the letters," He said quietly. I winced, "We?" He nodded, "The whole Guard. They want to kill Isabella and Edward. But, they praise Renesmeé now. She's made good allies."

I nodded, "Indeed."

"We're all still waiting in the room. Do you want to come back?" I frowned, "As the weak human that can't handle two mean letters?"

He shook his head, "As the strong and remarkable human I know you are." I pulled my head away from his and looked at him,

"How do you do that?" I asked. "Just, make me feel better." He smiled, "Because we're made for each other. Now, let's go back." I sighed and held his hand as well walked through the halls.

We came to the door and I took a breath before opening it. They were all still in their seats and tracked my movements as I saw down. There was silence.

"Can we kill Edward and Isabella?" Santiago asked. There were many nods. I shrugged, "I don't really care."

"Are you okay?" Renata asked. I nodded, "They're just words."

"Renesmeé's was really nice," Chelsea said. Corin smiled, "It was. She's very wise." I nodded, "She's pretty much a 30-year-old in a teenager's body."

The door slammed open and I saw Caius looking furious. Everyone stood and bowed, but I just turned my head and smiled, "Hi, Caius."