2.

Awakening was easy. I checked the cargo and performed a full diagnostic of all the ship's systems. Everything is in order, including myself. Another 87 days of observations lie ahead of me. I enjoy waking up here. On Earth, I preferred sleeping because only my dreams could let me escape the annoying busyness of the world. But here, I am left to myself, able to work at my own pace, with no one to distract me or interfere with my business. It's perfectly simple and simply perfect!

All I need to do is make entries in the captain's log for posterity, although I doubt anyone would find my thoughts interesting. Regardless, I have always enjoyed keeping journals, so this task even brings me some pleasure. Today is day number 1893 of the "Exodus 2.0" mission or day 3 of the twenty-first cycle, phase - awakening (obviously, since I am writing this).

My ship, "A," is on a course toward planet Gileadia 12, one of the 26 other designated destinations. If all goes according to plan, I will reach my destination in 40 cycles. The number of cycles for other ships depends on the distance to their respective planets. All 26 planets are potentially habitable, and my ship, like the other 25, must deliver the "Seeds of Civilization" to its designated planet.

An interesting fact for history is that all 26 ship captains had to be misanthropes. The Omniscientist decided that only this type of personality could handle the mission's goals and live for many years in solitude without losing their sanity and self-control. Humanity hasn't always fully trusted the decisions of artificial intelligence, but this time it managed to convince everyone of the effectiveness of this approach, and here I am - a true, resilient, independent, critically thinking human and a misanthrope.

"Hey, Omni, is all of this about me, right?" 

It's Omniscientist who controls the ships, but it needs a human to verify its work and provide corrective information when necessary. The job isn't dusty. For 90 days, I am in hibernation while the ship undergoes a hyperspace jump and covers a significant portion of the distance. The next 90 days are dedicated to basic diagnostics, data analysis, and various tests. The ship also receives and sends some data to Earth, but I'm not really sure if anyone is left on Earth.

Ten years before the mission launch, the planet experienced three Great Storms, and the fourth one, according to the AI's predictions, was about to begin - the final one for humanity. Glaciers had already covered over sixty percent of the planet, and life on the remaining forty was challenging. But honestly, it doesn't bother me much. Humans depleted all resources not due to their high level of intelligence. I'm glad I left that planet. I like Gileadia 12 much better - there are no humans there. It's me who delivers them there... Now it seems like it wasn't such a good idea, but if humanity is given a second chance, if we invest all knowledge into this chance and learn from all the mistakes, then perhaps this new world will eliminate the very possibility of misanthropy. A good question. I'll add it to the list for contemplation. Misanthropy - a product of decaying civilization and the only chance for its salvation. Interesting. To be or not to be - that is the question.