Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1   

It was my first time seeing snow.

Until then I had never seen something so pure, so clean. My best friend, and step-sister, stood beside me, her smile as bubbly as always, and caught a single snowflake within her hand. She let out a giggle and showed it to me as it slowly melted into a small droplet of water.

I was 7 when this happened, and as my breath appeared before me, in the form of a fog; I recall being incredibly happy.

Now it was 11 years after that encounter. As a strong and independent 18 year old, whom was about to enter collage, I begged Feferi not to leave me alone with the Neanderthals that I would have to be rooming with.

"But feeeeeeeefffffff!" I clung to the hem of her shirt, "Can't you just ask the headmaster to let us room together?"

"No, grumpygills! I already promised Nepeta and Aradia that I'd room with them," she said, placing a hand on her hip, "besides, you need to make friends! You can't just be relying on me to try to set you up with people, only for you to act like a total ass to them!"

Now I was upon my knees, staring up at her, "But--,"

"No butts, mister!"

I sighed and released her, "fine...," I stood, brushing my pants to get rid of any dirt, "but if something bad happens I'm blaming you!"

Fef rolled her eyes with a small smile, "Nothing bad is going to happen, Eridan! Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go!" And without allowing me time to interject, she gave me a tight hug, grabbed her luggage and ran off.

I took hold of my 2 over sized bags and dragged my feet to the male dorm list, skimming down it until I found my name.

Eridan Ampora: Dorm 413

I turned to my left and walked to the sign-in booth so I could receive a key. The girl sitting behind it had a name tag that read Latula Pyrope in slightly sloppy handwriting. She had blond hair that went about an inch past her shoulders and her eyes were hidden by an over sized pair of red lensed and framed glasses that, to me, looked ridiculous. Though I shouldn't be one to judge someone's glasses, considering my own. She wore a short sleeve Linkin Park shirt and a faded pair of jeans that were torn at the knees.

"Hey little dude!" She said with a grin.

"Uh, hello."

"I'm Latula, a totally rad senior!"

"Uh-huh, very nice to know," I was beginning to decide I wasn't too keen on Miss Pyrope.

"So what's the name?"

"I beg your pardon?"

"What's your name?"

"Oh, it's Ampora. Eridan Ampora."

She nodded, "413, right?"

"I believe that to be correct."

"Oh boy!" She snickered, "your just going to get a kick out of your roommates!"

"May I ask what do you mean by that?"

"Hehe, nope! You'll just have to find out by yourself!"

I let an irritated sigh fall from my lips, "Whatever, can I just have my room key?"

"Whoa, what's the rush?" She stated it more as a sentence than a question and handed me a small golden key.

At that I turned around, head high and shoulders back, and stalked off to the dormitories.