Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4

The rest of the day went pretty uneventfully, aside from some bickering. Though, there was a bit of a controversy to which bed I was to sleep, eventually it was decided I get the top bunk.

The day school was to start I got up around 4 am, too anxious to start the day to get up at my usual time, 6:45.

I took a warm shower, got dressed and styled my hair, the Captor twins still snoozing peacefully. I envied their ability to sleep through almost anything for a split second before sitting on the couch with my class schedule.

My first class was Art with Mrs. Paint

The name struck me as strange, somewhat fake even.

After that I had a physics class with a Mr. Zahhak, than English class with (ironcially) Mr. English.

After that there was a 2 hour break for lunch, when that was over my classes resumed with a study hall. My last class was to be computer science and technology with Mrs. Lalonde.

I set my timetable down with a small sigh, pulling my phone out of my pocket. I unlocked the phone and opened pesterchum, deciding to message one of my closest friends, Karkat.

[caligulasAquarium began pestering carcinoGeneticist]

cA: hey kar

cA: you up?

cG: NOW I AM ASSHOLE

cA: sorry

cG: LIKE HELL YOU ARE

cG: WHAT DO YOU WANT, I MEAN THERE HAS TO BE *SOME* AMAZING REASON FOR YOU TO DWINDLE WITH THE LIKES OF A MAGICAL FUCKSQUATTING BUCKET OF STEAMING ASS-SHIT LIKE ME, OH GREAT ONE

cA: its nothin really, just couldnt sleep

cA: and youre still not mad at the wwhole situation wwhere i sorta ditched you for people in my league right

cG: ...

cA: by the wway you knoww twwo guys called pollux an castor

cG: SO WHAT IF I DO. WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU CARE.

cA: cause im sharing a dorm wwith them

cA: also cas said he dated you

I stared at my phone, waiting for a reply.

When 3 minutes passed I had come up with three reasons why a quick typer like Kar hadn't replied:

A) He was writing something extremely long

B) He was ignoring me

or C) He fell back asleep

cA: kar?

cG: THAT CROTCHSTAINING DOUCHEY ASSLORD.

cG: IM GOING TO FUCKING STRANGLE HIM

cG: WHATS YOUR ROOM NUMBER

cG: IM FUCKING COMING OVER TO SMOTHER HIM WITH HIS OWN SPIT-COVERED PILLOW.

cA: ...i havve a feelin i shouldnt tell you

cA: not necessarily for cas's sake, but because i dont wwant to answwer to the cops wwhy there wwas a murder in my dorm

cA: an besides wwhat if you strangle pol on accident

cG: TRUST ME I CAN TELL THE TWO APART JUST BY GLANCING AT THEM

cG: NOW TELL ME

cA: i still dont think this is a good idea but 413

cG: THANK YOU

[carcinoGeneticist ceased pestering caligulasAquarium]

I already know this was a bad idea.

But oh well, i needed some excitement in my life, I'll just pull Karkat off of Castor before he ends up going through with the deed. Then again there would be more space in the room if--

My thoughts were interrupted by a loud rapping at the door. I heard one of the twins roll over with a groan.

Well that was fast.

I got up from the couch, tiptoeing over to the door, quickly unlocking and opening it.

Karkat was tapping his foot impatiently, arms crossed and shoulders hunched forward. He was wearing a large grey sweater and a pair of slightly darker grey sweatpants. Around his eyes you could see bags from many a nights insomnia and his hair was nothing short of a mess.

"Well hello K-"

"Screw your formalities and let me in, ass." He pushed past me and marched his way to the back of the room, glancing at the sleeping figures in both beds before lunging on the bottom bunk.

"WAKE UP YOU TENTSQUATTING SHITTY SHITTING FUCK ON A MOUNTAIN OF INCREDIBLE STUPIDITY."

Castor jolted up with a yelp, utterly surprised at the flaming ball of anger that was Karkat. "Holy th'hit, what the fuck?!"

"WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT TELLING PEOPLE WHAT HAPPENED BETWEEN US LAST YEAR?!"

"Th'hit, wait- no KK, I didn't th'ay anything- it wa'th Pollu'th who brought it up!"

Karkat paused at this glancing over at the now rousing Pollux.

"What'th with all the rucku'th?"

Karkat glared, "Did you say anything about what happened between me and Castor last year?"

"...The topic may or may not have come up."

And with that Karkat's rage returned, "YOU LITTLE SHIT."

Pollux laughed, not at all threatened, "Calm your tit'th kk, I only allured to the fact the two of you were dating."

The conversation dwindled on with a frightfully amused Pollux, though Karkat and Castor were less so. Never the less i soon got uninterested and tuned the trio out, opting to scroll through the tumblr iphone app.

About 20 minutes later, Karkat bid us farewell with the claim he needed to get back to sleep so he can manage to put up with our insufferable asses later in the day.

Pollux turned to me once he had left, "That was a dick move."

My eyebrows rose, "What was?"

"Talking to Kk and telling him about our conversation."

"How so?"

Castor butted in, "Is a bit of a touchy subject for him..."

I rolled my eyes, "I can tell."

Pollux nodded his head a bit and stretched, and Castor sighed, glancing at the clock."Well I'm going to take a shower now," he got up, grabbing a towel and leaving for the showers, leaving me alone with Pollux.