its ok

From past few days shubman is not talking to me and kind off avoiding me.

I contacted his friend Ishan and found out the reason for his weird behavior is because he is not able to concentrate on his gameplay from past few days.

His performance is getting low day by day. Today I came back to delhi from mumbai and the first thing I planned to do after sleeping and eating is to meet shubman and cheer him up.

Currently I am on my way to his apartment. I stop my car to his house and ring the door bell.
His sister shahneel greets me up. " Hey dii, where  is shubman? " I question.

She diverts her gaze at the closed door at the end of the Hall indicating his presence behind the close door.

I nod and go to that direction but dii suddenly holds my hand.
" Y/n he's really low past few days because he thinks that his team lost because of him, Our hopes lie on you please bring that smily shubman out of his room. I trust you can do it! " She smiles but that smile clearly indicated sadness.

I nod and open the door . Yeah I need no permission to enter my boyfriend's room. At least that's what he said. Shubman is facing the cream white painted wall and is throwing the ball to the wall , catching it, throwing it again. He's too busy in his own thoughts to recognise my presence. Unless I made it feel .
" Shubman" I slowly make my way to where he is sitting.

" Why are you here? " That's what he says. " Shubman let's go out to eat. It's been a while since we met. Let's hang out today" I answered but this is not the answer to his question that's what I think because he repeated again " Why are you here? Who called you? "

" Dude, I don't need anyone's permission to be here and come with me " I say gently pulling him by his arm.

" Y/n leave me alone. " He quickly but harshly takes his hand back.
" Give me some time " He pushes me and I lost control and fell on his bed.

" Y/n I am so sorry.. Are you hurt " This duffer. " Nope I am not"
I told him standing up with the help of his hand that he extended.

" I am again sorry, didn't mean  it that way " He again rambled.
This guy. He gets really nervous around me sometimes. When will he learn to be himself. We are not teenagers.

" It's ok shub, can you please open up about your weird behavior. Everyone is worried about you" I try to initiate the conversation to the topic that's bothering him.

" It's about last match. I scored only 16. Maybe we could have chased better runs If I played well. " I rubbed his back.

" First off all shubman you haven't taken the responsibility of the whole team on your shoulders though expectations follow you around everywhere. You aren't meant to satisfy everyone. If you sit around here and cry nothing will change. Instead go and practice and whenever you feel low remember there exists a shubman who made 3 consecutive ipl centuries and double century who was a nightmare to bowlers once. Ok?
Now cheer up" I said wiping his tears and dragging him off.

I came out of his room with shubman following me like a puppy tied to it's leach.
Dii looked at me and I winked her at her reaction which said ' I knew it' and practically dragged him down out of his house, out of apartment, in my car.
And as usual he follows me because he knows protesting against me will make the situation worst.

I drove to nearby dhaba which is ' our place ' . A place we keep visiting for dinner dates. And believe me it's better than 5 str hottle.
That night shubman was better than before. We talked, took a stroll in the park and even petted cute street puppies. He was laughing and smiling and even promised to go to training from tomorrow onwards. And prepare for next tournaments.

This is my shubman. All he needs is a little encouragement and someone who can be with his side in his worst phases of life and tell him its ok to fail but it's not ok to just sit and avoid the reality.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~~••~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~

I accept requests. If you have anything in your mind and want me to write it. Dm me .

Please don't request for smut.

Thanks for reading