𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 2

Lennox Carlisle was born into a very famous family with a rich historical past and was the only heir.

The Duke of Carlisle, who ruled in the north, boasted great wealth and power, but his family's story was stained with blood.

And the boy born in this family was no exception.

He was nine years old when he first killed a man.

When his father, the former duke, died, his greedy relatives sent a young heir to the battlefield.

The opposing army quickly fled the battlefield, and the 9-year-old boy disappeared with it. Since no one else saw him after that, everyone decided that he was dead.

Well, at least that's what everyone thought.

Ten years later, a red-eyed man appeared behind his back, who was standing by an invincible army. He was the same boy who left the duchy ten years ago, but he returned as a war hero.

His army, unfamiliar with the term "mercy", quickly recaptured the northern duchy. After that, no one dared doubt the legitimacy or qualification of Lennox Carlisle.

And it was not only about the Duke's characteristic black hair and red eyes, but also that all relatives who dared to doubt his authority were cut off their hands.

From that day on, no one else dared to insult or anger the young Duke of Carlyle.

- "What did you say?"

- "I asked you to break up with me."

It's been a long time since he was so annoyed.

Lennox stared frowning at the woman standing in front of him.

She had long, wavy, brown hair and shiny blue eyes. And although she was now only wearing a translucent dressing gown, her posture was still straight, like the Queen's.

After a short silence, Carlisle smiled gently at her.

- "Juliet Montagu."

She was the official mistress of the Duke of Carlyle.

- "Are you kidding me?"

Despite being scared, Juliet smiled and tilted her head instead of succumbing to fear. She even blinked innocently, as if she didn't understand what outraged him so much.

- "It's impossible, Your Serene Highness."

- "Then start over. Ask for something more believable this time."

- "But I already told you. That's all I need."

Juliet's expression was as calm and carefree as usual when she carelessly answered him. Her words flowed out of her mouth like a gentle stream.

Lennox's look, on the same time, became furious. Just three days later, they left the Duke's castle in the northern territory and arrived at the mansion in the capital.

As it happened every year, they were supposed to attend a New Year's banquet in the palace.

During the trip, they had to drive through only two main checkpoints, but it was quite a difficult task for the servants and knights following them.

Juliet, known as the mistress of the Duke of Carlyle, also visited the capital with him.

- "I don't want to disturb your Serenity."