A Letter in a Bottle

Each "Letter in a Bottle" chapter will be both an update from myself and a little mini treat, like a Juju Stroll or a Taisho Secret. Updates will be deleted after they are no longer needed.

•𓅯•𓅪•𓄿•𓅨•𓅛•𓅍•𓅯•𓅪•𓄿•𓅨•𓅛•𓅍•

A tall h/c man with bird-like features stands in front of thousands of perched News coos in training. Behind him, a projector sheet was pulled down, displaying a cute animation of a little yellow bird flying past many mailboxes. The man waved around his pointer-clad hand to draw the attention of the many birds before him, his face sporting a serious expression.

Once all their eyes finally turned to him, he spoke:

"Ahem... This is M/n's Guide for On-Time Delivery! Listen up all you newbies, 'cause I'll only say it once!"

The projector sheet behind him now displayed a little yellow bird looking over a map of the world and sporting a thinking pose as different sections of the map were zoomed in on.

"Step one: Thoroughly study the world map you're given upon being released to your station! Knowing where every island resides is an incredibly effective way to make sure YOU don't get lost."

The projector sheet now displayed the little yellow bird looking at many different people's government identification files through a magnifying glass it held with its wing. The bird then turned to the viewer with a thumbs up.

"Step two: Memorize the faces, names, and residences of every one of your clients! If you do this, confusion is near impossible!"

The projector sheet now displayed the little yellow bird swooping down and stealing a vivre card from their pocket. The bird then turned towards the viewer and waved it around with its wing, as if to show off.

"And finally, Step three: As a guarantee that you'll find the client if they're a seafaring person, make sure to steal one of their vivre cards! It's incredibly helpful!"

The projector sheet now displayed the little yellow bird standing atop a mountain of packages, letters, and newspapers. Cheeks lined with war paint and striking a heroic pose.

"You kiddos got all that?"

The birds before him stared blankly for a few beats before pulling out their world maps from seemingly nowhere and saluting the man before flying off.

The h/c-ette looks at the flock with a proud gleam in his eye and exclaims: "Man, I love my job!"

END
•𓅯•𓅪•𓄿•𓅨•𓅛•𓅍•𓅯•𓅪•𓄿•𓅨•𓅛•𓅍•