A Letter in a Bottle²

Each "Letter in a Bottle" chapter will be both an update from myself and a little mini treat, like a Juju Stroll or a Taisho Secret. Updates will be deleted after they are no longer needed.

•𓅯•𓅪•𓄿•𓅨•𓅛•𓅍•𓅯•𓅪•𓄿•𓅨•𓅛•𓅍•

"So she threatened you?" The e/c man questioned the perched bird before him with a raised brow.

The bird cooed timidly, tapping the tips of his feathers together and looking away in shame. The news coo had just returned to Stamp Island from his previous station in the East Blue. They had had an unfortunate encounter with a certain ginger-headed cat burglar who didn't like their prices. Being a rather timid bird, the coo had quickly flown back home in tears to report the woman to his d̶a̶d̶ superior.

And that's how we got where we are now.

"Hmmm. I'll have a temporary suspension of service letter written up for her, harassment of employees. You can have the next two days off with PTO, okay?" The h/c-ette reassures gently, pulling a sheet of parchment and a quill from his desk.

The seagull nods, cooing softly at the man and spreading his wings for an embrace. The h/c-ette 'aww's and hugs the bird gently, carefully scratching his head before setting it back on the built-in desk perch.

"Would you like some seeds while I write this letter?" The man asks presenting the bird with a small shallow bowl filled with a medley of seeds.

•𓅯•𓅪•𓄿•𓅨•𓅛•𓅍•𓅯•𓅪•𓄿•𓅨•𓅛•𓅍•

"SUSPENSION OF SERVICE!" a certain ginger-haired girl screams as she violently gripped a letter in her hand.

The news coo, a different one from before she noticed, had already flown off, not even bothering to ask her for payment. The seagull seemed to give her the stink eye through the entirety of their short little interaction, something she brushed off at the time.

"What's wrong Nami?" A straw hat-sporting boy questioned her from his seat on their ship's figurehead.

"Those idiots at Stamp Island are refusing to give us mail anymore! And what the hell is this crap about harassment!" The ginger loudly complains, balling up the letter and tossing it in a random direction.

"What!? You mean I won't be able to know if my bounty rose or not!? Why'd you do it Nami!? Why!?" The straw hat boy dramatically cries, cupping his face in his hands.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Dearest Customer,

We've been informed of a harassment complaint from one of our employed news coos stationed; at East Blue, Northeast Seafaring Sector 2-c.

Incident has been reported as follows; Verbal Harassment, threats to commit injury, threats to cause bodily harm, and threats of fatal injury or lasting injury. This conduct, be it from a customer or employee, is unacceptable and will be punished effective immediately.

Thus, starting as soon as you receive this letter from a temporary news coo from a nearby location, our services will be temporarily suspended from you, the Straw Hat pirates of the Going Merry, for one month.

A ฿580 fine for misconduct about the terms of your contract will also be enclosed, we expect payment within the one-month suspension period. Failure to pay will result in the indefinite suspension of our service and potential prison time for failing to pay a government entity.

World Gov. Stamp Island Mailing Inc.

Avian Training Executive, L/n A. M/n

END
•𓅯•𓅪•𓄿•𓅨•𓅛•𓅍•𓅯•𓅪•𓄿•𓅨•𓅛•𓅍•