Chapter 30- A date?

Rafael woke up alone in a room. He had no idea how he got there. His head was pounding with migraine, and the bright sunlight in the room increased the intensity of his headache; he got up from the bed holding his head in his arms, waiting for his headache to disappear, but it kept increasing by the minute. Victor walked in, holding a hangover shot and some headache medicine. "Looks like you drowned your pain away in whiskey?" Victor handed the glass and some Tylenol to Rafael, who gladly took it to end his pounding headache.

"That bastard," Rafael uttered, gulping down the medicine. "I know Rafa; he is a sick bastard, he was trying to get a reaction out of us by mentioning mother and Rachel, and we gladly gave it to him. I was thinking maybe I shouldn't have reacted the way I did. It only showed him how much they mean to us, giving him leverage to hurt them", Victor sighed.

"What's done is done, brother; we need to tighten the security and add more protection to the house. We can't let Vittorio come in whenever he desires" Victor nodded to whatever Rafael had said.

Rafael took a shower and walked into the kitchen to have something, but before he could step into the kitchen, his ears met with a beautiful melody; he knew what it was, the theme of her laughter; it instantly made his headache disappear as if someone pulled it out of his head. She sat there laughing at whatever jokes Rachel was making; her eyes sparkled, her face held a beautiful glow, and the sunlight shining on her face made her even more attractive; her dimples became more prominent as she sat sideways, giving. Her brown eyes glistened in the sun as if they were hazel. "Now that's a view I want to wake up to every day," Rafael thought.

He remembered his last night's interaction with her, how he stumbled on her, how she asked questions to know about him; this made him wonder if she was interested in learning about him. "Was she giving me a chance?" he asked, but he knew after what he had done, she will not. But he didn't do anything wrong; he did what everyone does, taking what belongs to him. His egoistic mind failed to acknowledge his mistakes or the wrongs he did with her.

"Rafa," Rachel came running to his brother, hugging him. "God, I missed waking up like this, missed seeing you and Vic every day," she hugged him tighter. "I know, princess," he kissed her head. Both turned to Alzea, who had long stopped smiling and put on an indifferent expression for Rafael but smiled at Rachel; her indifference was making his heart writhe in pain, but he didn't want to dwell in it, he just wanted to see her, and that is enough for him. Everyone was done with their breakfast, and Alzea was in her room reading a book when someone knocked on her door.

She opened it to meet with the sight of a person she had not seen before, "are you Alzea?" the person asked. "Yes, I am. Do I know you?" Alzea wasn't sure how the other person knew her name. "I am Jody; Rafael sent me to get you dressed up" Jody entered her room. "Me?" Alzea forgot that she had promised Rafael a date.

"Yes, you," Jody smiled, to which Alzea returned politely. "My, my, look at those dimples" Jody poked Alzea's dimples, making her laugh.

Jody held Alzea's hand, dragging her to the car. Soon, they were off somewhere; she had no idea where she was going. "Where are we going?" Alzea asked, scared; all her past experiences made her skeptical about trusting people. "Don't worry, I am not going to kidnap you," Jody smirked; instead of easing her tension, it added to Alzea's stress; that's what they all say, Alzea murmured.

Soon, they both walked into an expensive salon; the place was brightly lit with beautiful chandeliers hanging from the rooftop; she was worried that she would dirty the spotless place. Jody led Alzea to a room where she made Alzea sit down; she grabbed all the clothes from her collection. Jody started mumbling under her breath, frowning, assessing, and judging. Jody pressed a button, and a group of people walked in; they undid her hair from the bun, making it fall to her knees, and the people around her gasped in awe.