chapter 3

Three weeks
It has already been three weeks since my first day here at Seaside High School. It was pretty good! I've met some people who have seemed pretty nice. I'm already invited to a party for this Friday night by a group of girls I had met so that'll be fun! It was currently Wednesday afternoon.  I was studying for a math test that was coming up. And if you didn't know, I am awful at math. I mean, I'm not awful honestly, but if I don't get it explained every bit through, I won't understand. I had spent hours studying. UGH! After about another hour, Katie and Lacey texted.

    Lacey: heyyy gurlsss. Y'all wanna do a FaceTime real quick???

Me: yes! I need a break from this studying :(

Katie: YES OFC!

We talked for about an hour until we started to get tired and hung up

Friday got here real quick. Tonight was my first party here in the new town. After school, I went and got ready.
I took a quick shower, blow dried my hair, and straightened it till it was as straight as a board. I went to my closet and picked out a tight red dress that went down about mid-thigh that I had recently bought. It wasn't anything showy. It was just a simple red dress that hugged in the right places without being revealing. I put it on and finished my makeup and put on some jewelry, finishing the outfit with some black heels. With that, I went and unplugged my phone and headed out to the car.

"Bye Sadie! I'm going to stay the night with a girl named Breanna after the party, so I'll be back in the morning" .

"Ok, be good, don't do anything bad if you know what I mean" she then winked at me. "NO OF COURSE NOT SADIE MY GAWD! You don't have to worry about me doing any of that".

"Hey always have to at least say it so if you do I can say I told you so" "oh gosh ok Sadie I have to go I'll see you tomorrow!"

I then walked out to the car, which was Breanna's because she was driving me to the party with her and we drove off to the party. It was at a guy's house, but I can't exactly remember his name but oh well. I was invited so whatever whatever.

We pulled up to the party and it was already dark outside, but it sure wasn't dark in there. The house was filled with flashing lights, music blaring out of the house that I could hear from my car. I got out and walked into the house. It was a mad-house in there. People dancing and yelling, music blaring, lights flashing, it was A LOT! In the back were people taking shots and playing drinking games, which I happily passed on. I was not gonna get drunk anytime soon, especially not tonight.

I walked around the house and found some of the people I had recently met and hung out with them for the party.

It was now currently 10:45. "hey I'm gonna go grab a soda real quick" I said to the girls. "okkkkk girly pop have funnnn". Yeah, they might've had a few but it's ok, as long as I'm not doing it too. I walked to the back to grab a soda. All of a sudden, a guy with really tan skin came up behind me.

"I think I would've already seen a hottie hot lady like you around here. I'm Luke." I looked to my side while pouring my soda into a cup. He had pretty brown eyes, his blonde hair ruffled a little bit. He had slurred his words some, so I was guessing he drank a few.

"I just moved here a few weeks ago. I'm Maggie". I reached out my hand to shake his, but he instead jerked my hand and slopped a kiss down on my hand. "Well nice to meet you ma lady". I felt a bit uncomfortable but just kept on. He eventually jerked my wrist to follow him upstairs. As I followed him, I realized what was going on. I jerked away, but he was definitely strong. I was guessing he was probably on the football team or something like that.

He started to say stuff to me, words that I will not repeat, and I was very uncomfortable. You can probably guess the stuff said. I eventually jerked myself away before he got into it. I ran out of the house, tears in my eyes about to cry. I was so scared of what was gonna happen if I didn't get loose.

Since I didn't have my car, I walked as far as I could. I ended up downtown. I saw a bench over to the side and sat down, putting my face into my hands crying. I missed home. I know my family made me leave, but it was so dumb of why they made me leave. Did they really hate me that much? I started to miss my pets. My best friends. Parties back home were not like this. I missed home. I missed Alabama. I was sitting there crying for who knows how long. I was so distracted into my tears that I didn't even hear footsteps.

"hey love, are you alright?"

I looked up, seeing a guy with a black shirt, black skinny jeans, and a think brown puffer jacket. His brown, chocolate curls were falling over his forehead. His green eyes shimmered from the lights that were through the downtown streets. I probably looked like a mess from crying. I then nodded my head in yes.

I guess he knew it was a lie.

He sat down beside me on the bench and hugged me and I just cried into him. "hey shhh it's ok love. What happened?" I was able to choke out the words and tell him about the party and that I just moved here.

As I stared at his face, I realized he looked oddly familiar, but I just brushed it off. I kept telling him and he listened, just us two sitting on that bench at what I was guessing almost midnight.

After a while, he said,
"what's your name love?"
"Maggie. You?"

He hesitated for a minute.

"Harry Styles"