2

Good news: Aizetsu was alive. And the bad news? He was probably going to die soon either way. He was facing uppermoon six by himself, after all.

Aizetsu landed smoothly on the wet forest floor, looking around cautiously for the demon.

"Where are you?" he spoke, his voice echoing through the forest. 

Silence.

The pillar cocked his head. Did the demon run away?

Suddenly, he felt a presence behind him. His breath quickened, and he swiftly turned around, lashing his kantana. He managed to cut through skin, but at the same time, something pierced through his stomach. 

Aizetsu's eyes widened. He tried to look down to see what had stabbed him, but he couldn't move. His legs felt weak, and he plopped down onto the forest floor.

This is it. I'm officially dying.

He coughed up blood. 

"Help," Aizetsu said desperately, although not putting much force into his words. His eyesight became hazy.

"Accept your fate," the familiar voice of the uppermoon spoke. "You were pretty troublesome, if that makes you better though." It laughed. What a maniac.

Aizetsu lost focus, wondering what it'd be like in the afterlife. Would he be in hell for killing demons? Or heaven? Would his brothers care if he was gone, especially Sekido? Tears started to build up on the corner of his eyes.

Suddenly, a drop of blood got his attention. It fell in his mouth. He looked up weakly. He saw uppermoon six's arm, which was now starting to regenerate, bleeding a bit. 

Aizetsu froze. He knew what happened when demon blood went into a human's bloodstream. They became demons themselves. But despite this, the uppermoon did not seem to notice.

"Hgh..." Aizetsu groaned, his face burning. Now, dying seemed like a better option than becoming a man-eating demon. He whimpered.

"Alright, I'll stop your suffering," the demon laughed. Then he gave the final blow, shattering Aizetsu's organs.