6

Athena woke the next morning, not feeling a hangover at all. She quickly got dressed and ready for the day before exiting her room and heading to the dining area. T-Dog was already up and making eggs when she walked in. There was other group members sitting around including Glenn. Athena walked over to the boy, ruffling his hair. 

"Ow, ow." Glenn groaned. 

"Are you really that hungover right now?" Athena smiled down at the boy as Evelyn entered. Her eyes were puffy and her cheeks were tear strained. She quickly walked over to Evelyn. "What is wrong?" She questioned.

"Shane cheated on me with Lori." Evelyn whispered. Athena didn't know what to say. She always had the suspicion but never knew what to say if it was true.

"I'm so sorry, Evie." Athena hugged the girl as Evelyn grabbed some food. Evelyn gave a half smile before sitting down and eating. Athena watched as the girl stared at her food. Rick entered the room, glancing at Athena before walking over to Lori and Carl. 

"Morning." 

"Are you hungover?" Carl smiled up at his dad. "Mom said you would be." 

"Mom is right." 

"Mom has that annoying habit." Lori mumbled

"Eggs. Powered. But--but I do 'em good." T-Dog entered the room. Glenn moaned at all the noise. Athena rubbed his shoulders. "Bet you can't tell. Protein helps the hangover." T-Dog scooped some eggs onto Glenn's plate. 

"Where'd all this come from?" Rick held up a bottle of aspirin.

"Jenner." Lori responded. 

"Could you help me please?" Rick asked his wife, handing her the bottle. 

"He thought we could use it. Some of us, at least." Athena bent down to Glenn's level. 

"Don't ever ever ever let me drink again." Glenn groaned into Athena ear. 

"Here take some of these." Athena took the bottle from Rick and giving some to Glenn. 

"Hey." Shane announced his presence. Athena watched as he grabbed coffee and turned back around. She quickly pulled out the chair next to Evelyn, ready to sit in it. 

"Feel as bad as I do?" Rick questioned the man who stole the seat that Athena had just pulled out. 

"Worse." He looked over at Evelyn. Athena watched as Evelyn tried to get up but Shane stopped her. She watched the man closely, making sure he didn't do anything stupid. 

"The hell happened to you?" T-Dog questioned Shane, motioning to his neck. "Your neck?"

"I must have done it in my sleep." Shane deflected.

"Never seen you do that before." Evelyn basically growled.

"Me either. Not like me at all." Shane responded, glancing at Lori. Evelyn shoved Shane's arm off the back of her chair before sliding back super fast and walking to throw her plate away. It went quiet before Doctor Jenner walked in.

"Morning."

"Doc, I don't mean to slam you with questions first thing--" Dale started.

"But you will anyway."

"We didn't come here for the eggs." Andrea snapped. Jenner turned and looked at the group.

"If you'll follow me, I'll show you what I can." Jenner walked out and to the main room. The room where Athena cried to the man just last night. enner walked up to one of the computer while Athena glanced up at the screen from her place next to Jenner. "Can you give me a playback of TS-19" Jenner asked the computer.